Parting Out Houston, TX: 1974 FJ40 (missing hard top & doors) but it is Camo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Clubtroy

SILVER Star
Threads
Howdy Mudders,

I bought this rig for a couple parts I needed for the frame off Restoration I am doing on my 75. The rest is a summer work project for my 13yr old. Trying to get him interested in helping dear old dad with my resto project. He also needs to learn how to use tools and feel the mighty power of a Milwaukee M18 1/2" Impact wrench...if there is a better tool to own I haven't found it. Okay, I digress. The body panels on this rig all have major rust except the front fenders which are in amazingly good shape IMHO. My son wants a 4 wheeler ASAP so if you want the whole enchilada it's yours for $4k. Otherwise I plan on market pricing everything similar to what i see on MUD (basically SOR x .60 ;))
The engine appears to be a 1.5F from what I can tell. It has 198k miles so I checked the compression of each cylinder to be as transparent as I can. Results are as follows: 1-85psi, 2-84, 3-87, 4-84, 5-91, 6-93. That's with a cheap China tester from Amazon and the fitting doesn't exactly seal up great. The engine turns over no problem but the tank is out so I don't know if it runs.
The fuel tank has major holes but if anyone needs the sender or top tank fittings let me know. Check the pics and the video on YouTube and let me know what you are interested in. The transmission cycles through the gears and the T-case shifts freely as well. I did check and they both actually had oil in them.

I might not be the fastest at getting the parts removed but I will do my best to accommodate as I fully understand the addiction we all have to these amazing trucks!

Walk around Video link ->

Front view.jpg

IMG_8080.JPG

IMG_8082.JPG

IMG_8085.JPG

IMG_8095.JPG

Steering wheel is in decent shape and ready for resto. Gauges are in solid shape as well.

IMG_8086.JPG

IMG_8087.JPG

IMG_8089.JPG

IMG_8091.JPG

IMG_8093.JPG

Carb is OEM and surely ready for rebuild. Couple of the seat brackets are in good shape. PM me for specific photos and questions.

IMG_8095.JPG

IMG_8096.JPG

IMG_8097.JPG

IMG_8098.JPG

IMG_8099.JPG

Thanks for letting me know. I'll go delete some stuff now so it works again. Do I need to upgrade and pay or what?
It used to be communicating more gort you more bandwidth. Haven't been here for a while though. My son tweaked my 40 into the back of a dump truck today, so I'll be here more for a while it looks like.....

I'm looking for the passenger seat bracket (the rail part that attaches to the bottom of the seat) that then connects to the floor risers.

@Clubtroy

Transmission hump cover looks to be in decent shape. Willing to part with it and if so, how much? Thanks-

Edit- it would be a replacement for a 78 model- anybody know if it’ll fit?

Scott

Steering wheel is in decent shape and ready for resto. Gauges are in solid shape as well.

View attachment 3017307

View attachment 3017310

View attachment 3017312

View attachment 3017313

View attachment 3017316

View attachment 3017307

View attachment 3017310

View attachment 3017312

View attachment 3017313

View attachment 3017316
You still got the upper dash pad?

@Clubtroy

What is your asking price for the:

4-speed transmission with transfer case

1974 carb

Intake/exhaust manifolds

Starter

Fan pully

Crankshaft pully (is it double grooved and are they both wide)

Steering wheels center cover.

Located in far west Texas. Thank you

@Clubtroy

What is your asking price for the:

4-speed transmission with transfer case $1,200

1974 carb $125

Intake/exhaust manifolds $200 each

Starter $150

Fan pully $75

Crankshaft pully (is it double grooved and are they both wide). $150

Steering wheels center cover. $125
$1,600 for everything listed together in one sale. We have a ranch close to Spur TX. I could bring all parts there in July.
Located in far west Texas. Thank you

Last edited:
Will you be selling tub patches? Mostly interested in the back tub (wheel wells, quarter panels, rear bed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom