What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (32 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

City Racer LLC - https://www.cityracerllc.com/... temporarily closed for Spring Break.

Word-^^^

But, I got'ta say, I've come round' to the CCOT offering. It's not a bad product. But, if you're looking for something more OME-ish. City Racers offering is 1st class.
I just put this (CCOT offering) back in this AM. On the POS (+) It molds nicely to the tunnel and is easy to work with. On the NEG (-) it is a bit on the $$$ side....

IMG_3096.JPG

Last edited:
Actually, I think it looks great….their photo makes it look a lot less fitted. Since the city racers guys will be back on Wednesday, I’ll wait and see. I have the carpet version but living on a dirt road and zero paved area, the sand and gravel load up in the carpet easily.

Decided to change the front diff oil. Can't remember the last time i drained it, usually just top it off as it drains out the birfs.
But i just did a knuckle job, they dry.
So i tried to put a socket on the drain plug (only after loosening the fill plug, naturally), that doesn't go. Somehow, bits of axle housing have migrated aftwards and obstruct the area around the drain plug.
I don't know how this happened, i only drive it to the mall on Sundays.

20220522_124225.jpg

20220522_160611.jpg

My address is turn off the paved road too...I used the sun/heat gun to mold it. It's held up rather well. I thought about changing it out but have since changed my mind.

Actually, I think it looks great….their photo makes it look a lot less fitted. Since the city racers guys will be back on Wednesday, I’ll wait and see. I have the carpet version but living on a dirt road and zero paved area, the sand and gravel load up in the carpet easily.

Decided to change the front diff oil. Can't remember the last time i drained it, usually just top it off as it drains out the birfs.
So i tried to put a socket on the drain plug (only after loosening the fill plug, naturally), that doesn't go. Somehow, bits of axle housing have migrated aftwards and obstruct the area around the drain plug.

View attachment 3015810
Yep, I've seen this before, its a common malady.

I figure it happens down at the beverage emporium.. Pretty sure it occurs when you overload one side of the cooler with too much ice and you're trying to navigate the speed bump on your way back to the gravel road....Just say'en.

View attachment 3015810

View attachment 3015813

View attachment 3015810

View attachment 3015813
I believe I was at the same mall. Took a chisel and drift pin to hammer it back to get the old plug out, I installed the newer style plugs. Still need to add some weld to build up what the rogue curb had damaged.

3EC377E4-31D5-4979-8465-095501F158AB.jpeg

7C100C5F-BB52-41CC-A566-9590DA4EFC34.jpeg

Those internal hex plugs are hard to beat. And screw up. Unlike the hex head plugs, which somehow become infinite-number-of-flat plugs after time...

Replaced my charging system today….. realize that I have only had the land cruiser for a few weeks and even though i had one in ‘74, it was 48 years ago… my new to me ‘75 had a dead alternator upon arrival and the forum has recommended vendors Who help support the site, as well as frequent users here. I elected to contact ToyotaMATT from vintageTeqparts.com and immediately solved my problems. He shipped everything out to me and within two days my alternator issues are solved.
it is a new Nippon Denso alternator and matching voltage regulator along with a creative tensioning device he has developed which takes all of the effort out of tensioning the fan belts. @ToyotaMatt Made himself available by phone to answer all of the questions I have.

For those that don’t know how good the service I have received is….it is some of the best in my 60 years that I have come to know. Thank you to Matt and the folks here who have recommended so many great sources.

Word-^^^

But, I got'ta say, I've come round' to the CCOT offering. It's not a bad product. But, if you're looking for something more OME-ish. City Racers offering is 1st class.
I just put this (CCOT offering) back in this AM. On the POS (+) It molds nicely to the tunnel and is easy to work with. On the NEG (-) it is a bit on the $$$ side....

View attachment 3015767

As I remember City Racer did the 74-78 version before the 79-82. The later ones have Toyota while the 74-78 did not. Not sure if he changed that or not. Years ago was able to grab a few 74-78 version in fair to good shape out of wrecking yards.

Replaced all four engine mounts in my 1979 FJ40 this weekend. Well, I guess it's technically six individual parts... cylinder head is off at the machine shop for a complete overhaul so it was an easy job. Also tackled some wiring, someone has been in there and did a real number on the whole main power supply circuit. Hope to have that finished shortly.

Word-^^^

View attachment 3015767
Mind posing a few more pics of it?

1653476772605.png
1653477374024.png
1653477508689.png

These are from the "Way back machine".

Using the sun to mold it to the trans hump (heat gun works also). Initial installation and to show you need to do some cutting for drain tubes, shifter and t-
case selector.

Overall, I'm happy with the product. I run a set of heavy-duty floor mats on top of it too.

Mind posing a few more pics of it?

These pictures are great, I am in the market for the floor vinyl. Looking at CityRacer, CCOT, and used OEM. CCOT website has a great picture of vinyl going all under the seat and everything, but I don't think they offer a piece for under the seats anymore, at least not for the tank-in-cab models. They are also out of stock on the floor insulation. I was wondering about that insulation though... was OEM just metal then the tar/asphalt stuff, and then vinyl, or did they have some kind of insulation like the jute fiber stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom