What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20220518_143048.jpg
20220518_142847.jpg
20220518_143118.jpg

The last several weekends but I finished my drawers. The main Caracas was given to by local badass @BlueCruiser84. I built the drawers, wings, and covered the top. Camping/cooking stuff is in the bigger drawer on the ds and tools and more stuff I shouldn't carry is on the other side.

The box is attached by 4 turnbuckle and 2 bolts on the floor. probably won't fly out if I wreck.

How much does this swap run? Does it require a manual trans or does it mount/work well with the auto in our gassers?

You can pm me or email me these questions. I don’t post money stuff on the forum for the obvious reasons.

Cheers

How much does this swap run? Does it require a manual trans or does it mount/work well with the auto in our gassers?
It's been my experience with LCs that if you have to ask how much something that looks/is completely kick a$$ costs, you likely can't afford it. Just my $0.02. YMMV

View attachment 3012004View attachment 3012005View attachment 3012006

The last several weekends but I finished my drawers. The main Caracas was given to by local badass @BlueCruiser84. I built the drawers, wings, and covered the top. Camping/cooking stuff is in the bigger drawer on the ds and tools and more stuff I shouldn't carry is on the other side.

The box is attached by 4 turnbuckle and 2 bolts on the floor. probably won't fly out if I wreck.

I was just trying to save a fellow cruiserheads life. One minor front end collision would have put about 400 lbs of stuff through @davidp14 windshield. I’m assuming his head would have gone with it.

Going in today.

IMG_7652.JPG

Old and busted on the right obviously, new and hotness on the left. Also have a new cat going on. I hit it with VHT primer then VHT silver. Maybe give it a little more chance against the excessive amount of salt they throw on the roads here.... Also have all of the factory mounting hardware since the muffler shop I took it to years ago cut all that off out of pure laziness. The one time I took the truck somewhere.....

Finally got the rear brakes wrapped up. The rotors were able to be turned, so that saved some money. New calipers, pads, and complete fluid flush. I was feeling motivated, so I decided to mount my IronMan winch. I had to open up the holes for the fairlead first. Primed up the bare metal, touched up the rock chips, and mounted it up. I still have to find a place to mount the control box and wire it up. One step at a time!

1DE6B441-6FF6-423F-B787-6BF44F49AA4F.jpeg

13C16CF8-9481-4C84-951C-8B9800AF40F7.jpeg

F150FEFC-8DC6-48F3-822F-B415C2D3D277.jpeg

6ACB1956-994D-47CD-ABE9-05A2DA1AD3E7.jpeg

So. Replaced that, put the current (pun) good battery on the passenger side, got a proper battery on the driver side, thanks, hazing MUD…

:flipoff2:
View attachment 3013288
You have a vacuum leak at your oil fill cap. Get a new one, your truck will thank you.

It's a mess by the way.......

Hit a snag in replacing the exhaust. Everything is about an inch too far forward to line up w/ the hanger brackets. If I line it up, there's the same distance gap from the back of the converter flange to the muffler pipe flange. Only way it could be off that I can see is that the front cat is possibly too short. Now I'm suspecting that's why the shop cut the factory brackets and just made it work. The second cat is 11.5" which seems to be the right length. Oh well, why would I expect it to just work LOL.

It's been my experience with LCs that if you have to ask how much something that looks/is completely kick a$$ costs, you likely can't afford it. Just my $0.02. YMMV
this was absolutely the case here as well. lol

Last edited:
is that what causes that!? Mine has the same issue! f*** another thing added to my list to buy.
It’s a little o ring. LOL

Motor went live last night! Runing like a sewing machine. Waiting on driveshafts from the shop before I can drive the sh&t out of it to seat the rings. Gotta flush power steering as I’m getting a good growl and must have air in the system.

2DDBC9ED-4BFE-48AF-800E-0E185E04390F.jpeg

940CBE85-033A-406B-B453-7AEDE871959B.jpeg

E0EA8A35-F08E-411C-BD42-674315389C08.jpeg

You have a vacuum leak at your oil fill cap. Get a new one, your truck will thank you.

It's a mess by the way.......
really?

:lol:

Got my first tank of daily driving that exceeded 17 mpg since I put the 35's on.

Prior to the exhaust I was seeing a cumulative avg of 16.3 mpg on my daily commute.

With 4 tanks on it now, I am seeing 16.9 avg on my commute. That means based on fuel savings my exhaust will pay for itself in 375,000 miles.

Thank god that's not why I bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom