What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Added 10 horsepower! @NLXTACY! Another satisfied customer.

D4A49615-AB3F-4F47-B7C8-060332BB9197.jpeg

Last edited:
1fz Refresh Complete

As request by a few of you the Cold 1st start in video and new Mud thread is in the works on the coolant boil over/head gasket with great compression diagnosis.

What began as a tough head gasket diagnosis that only a leak down identified (see YouTube video) turned into a full refresh.

Wow! She runs great! Totally a noticable huge improvement, power, smoothness, noise.

Special thanks to @NLXTACY for everything you do!

More content and the head gasket leak down diagnosis below:
Instagram @billy_goats_adventures
YouTube https://youtube.com/channel/UCo9EnVDFW6n9YQXvsLkkEEg the head gasket leak down diagnosis below:

Screenshot_20220517-093402.png

Screenshot_20220517-152808~2.png

Screenshot_20220517-152816~2.png

Screenshot_20220517-152825~2.png

Screenshot_20220517-153016~2.png

Screenshot_20220517-152918~2.png

Screenshot_20220517-152842~2.png

Screenshot_20220517-152851~2.png

Screenshot_20220517-152900~2.png

Screenshot_20220517-152908~2.png

Last edited:
So, never totally trust someone elses ears, even if they are considerably younger and more sensitive :)

Had my younger son jog along the 80 while I then depressed the brake pedal to identify the end/corner that the squeal tab was squealing. Definitely the passenger front (yeah...). So replaced front pads but the ones that came off still looked to have at least 4mm and nowhere near touching the tabs. Anyhow, replaced the front rotors that definitely needed doing (that's another earlier post a couple of weeks back), so a job that needed doing anyway (so he tells me)...

Driving around, still a squeal... Well, pretty clearly it's the rear... So, today pulled the wheels off and yeah, the rear pads are definitely worn. Had a set of toyota rear pads sitting around a few years, so that was easy and cheap.

New versus old:

brr12.jpg

So, while I'm looking over things I noticed that the lower control arm had some 'scratch' marks (passenger side):

brr4.jpg

So, the lower hose clamp on my rear radflos have been scraping against the control arms (both sides). So, need to move the remotes up an inch or two and also slide the lower spacer/hose clamps higher.

I also found that on the driver's side the lower spacer was MIA and just the hose clamp is left as evidence of rubbing.

Older son will be sending me a set of spacers & more properly sized hose clamps from his work in a few days. Will retrofit both shocks top & bottom.

brr5.jpg

And still looking things over and spot that the Delta bracket bolt has rubbed against one of the ome863 coils. Must have happened under some reasonable articulation that compressed the coil enough for that area to rub.

Picture with the panhard bolt loosened off prior to removal. Inserted two larger OD and thicker washers to space the bolt further away from the coil.

brr6.jpg

cheers,
george.

Last edited:
Assembled my Land Shark rear drawer. Need some longer bolts to bolt it to the 3rd row seat latch thing in the floor. Super excited to have a drawer. Fit and finish is impeccable.
May not be necessary and you may already have this covered, if not you might check with some other members that have done these recently to see if these too are a somewhat unusual thread pitch and where they are sourcing them if not available at hardware store etc.

It was many years ago when I did my drawers set up, but it seems like the bolts were different and there was a member that sourced them, but had to buy several dozen that they shared/sold to others.

I guess the seat belt bolts and possibly the seat mounting bolts are sometimes a rare pitch to keep folks from using non hardened bolts.

The seat floor striker bolts are 10x1.25 mm.

Seat belt mounting bolts are the odd-balls, 11mm to make it difficult to use substitute fasteners.

May not be necessary and you may already have this covered, if not you might check with some other members that have done these recently to see if these too are a somewhat unusual thread pitch and where they are sourcing them if not available at hardware store etc.

It was many years ago when I did my drawers set up, but it seems like the bolts were different and there was a member that sourced them, but had to buy several dozen that they shared/sold to others.

I guess the seat belt bolts and possibly the seat mounting bolts are sometimes a rare pitch to keep folks from using non hardened bolts.
Thanks guys. I was able to source some at my local Ace Hardware. Got a couple of different lengths to ensure proper fitment with an extra trip to the parts store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom