1971 FJ40 VIN Plate Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there. I need some help please on vin plate details for my 1971 FJ40. The previous owner had lost the vin plate after a respray and I am looking on getting the correct vin plate for the vehicle....I just have no idea where to find the correct details I require:

1. Colour/Trim
2. Trans/Axle
3. Plant/G.V.W

My vehicle details: 1971 FJ40 | Factory soft top | 3 speed floor shift | F engine | Green in colour.

Really appreciate any help or pointers as to where I can look for these details.

Thanks

AFAIK, those details weren't included on the VIN plate attached to the driver's A pillar on USA models.

Search for @ToyotaMatt and vin plates. He used to offer them, and his thread may have pictures for 1971 (and related) VIN plates.

Hi there. I need some help please on vin plate details for my 1971 FJ40. The previous owner had lost the vin plate after a respray and I am looking on getting the correct vin plate for the vehicle....I just have no idea where to find the correct details I require:

1. Colour/Trim
2. Trans/Axle
3. Plant/G.V.W

My vehicle details: 1971 FJ40 | Factory soft top | 3 speed floor shift | F engine | Green in colour.

Really appreciate any help or pointers as to where I can look for these details.

Thanks

Is there a frame number stamped ?

AFAIK, those details weren't included on the VIN plate attached to the driver's A pillar on USA models.

Search for @ToyotaMatt and vin plates. He used to offer them, and his thread may have pictures for 1971 (and related) VIN plates.
Is there a frame number stamped ?

i no longer make the data plates

matt

1. Colour/Trim
2. Trans/Axle
3. Plant/G.V.W

Thanks

Your 1971 VIN plate would look like this. This example is from a 72 but the same plate was used for several years prior. The Model and Frame No. information is engraved on the plate.

There are several sellers on eBay that offer reproduction plates. Repro plates vary considerably. It is not uncommon for repros to have issues with fonts, alignment/spacing, missing characters, misspelled words. The best repro plates I've seen in terms of being closest to the originals are from eBay user carboneliveries in Poland, no affiliation. Contact them directly if the plate you want is not currently posted.

1652964297444.jpeg

The US market plates for 1971 are different and include an emission statement.
1652964536769.jpeg

@jblatz posted photos of the plate mounted to the right side fender, next to the battery.

The VIN plate on the A pillar I mentioned, above, looks like this:
1652986626114.png

Your 1971 VIN plate would look like this. This example is from a 72 but the same plate was used for several years prior. The Model and Frame No. information is engraved on the plate.

There are several sellers on eBay that offer reproduction plates. Repro plates vary considerably. It is not uncommon for repros to have issues with fonts, alignment/spacing, missing characters, misspelled words. The best repro plates I've seen in terms of being closest to the originals are from eBay user carboneliveries in Poland, no affiliation. Contact them directly if the plate you want is not currently posted.

View attachment 3012746

The US market plates for 1971 are different and include an emission statement.
View attachment 3012748

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom