Churn Creek, May long weekend - May 21-23, 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Garry & Nicole are leaving at roughly 2:30pm Friday. I've let them know to check this post.

Also, after discussion with Patti, we're going to need a lot of stops due to the dogs, so we're going to attempt to leave a bit early to get a head start. My guess is we'll likely end up meeting up with you all in Cache Creek, but we'll text the group to keep everyone updated starting Fri morning.

Question about the extended route ... there are a few options, what specifically do you mean by the route after Jesmond? Jesmond Rd to Poison Lk Rd is kind of the direct route, but there are a couple more offshoot routes, I'm not sure what is meant by "- Canoe route"?
Through the Canoe reserve then down to the River than north. - regular way

Garry & Nicole are leaving at roughly 2:30pm Friday. I've let them know to check this post.

Also, after discussion with Patti, we're going to need a lot of stops due to the dogs, so we're going to attempt to leave a bit early to get a head start. My guess is we'll likely end up meeting up with you all in Cache Creek, but we'll text the group to keep everyone updated starting Fri morning.

Question about the extended route ... there are a few options, what specifically do you mean by the route after Jesmond? Jesmond Rd to Poison Lk Rd is kind of the direct route, but there are a couple more offshoot routes, I'm not sure what is meant by "- Canoe route"?
Through the Canoe reserve then down to the River than north. - regular wa
Sorry, thought I sent this Thursday night.

As of now I know we have a few groups heading out.

Group 1 - Leaving Friday LML Friday morning. Meeting up with Glenn around Cache Creek taking the extended way in.
Glenn
Pete
Mike
Carman

Group 2 - Leaving Friday early afternoon
Andrew
Ray
Drew (possibly leaving at 5pm)

Saturday- Jeff from 100 Mile?

The first group in will scout for a suitable location to setup camp and leave information at either the Information booth or the corral (Both on the main road) with the location of the final camp. As always those with Ham Radios we will be monitoring 146.460Mhz

We still have a number of people that have not let us know when they are thinking of heading out and in an effort to make sure everyone is accounted send me a text message 604-507-1972 and I’ll get a group setup so we can check-in and coordinate meeting up along the way.

Looking forward to sitting around the fire with everyone.

Drew
John Voo coming ? Maybe I saw that on FB

If time we could the big drop …

AAA33C38-7185-4195-9104-EDDBF2D0FEC3.png

If we do a day trips, possibly including Farwell Canyon the interesting way, make sure you bring lots of fuel, especially the gassers.

C45B126A-2E19-40B5-A836-4D975A21E94A.jpeg

Hey @Glenn-BJ74 and Pete and Drew, I am working on convincing my wife we should join you guys with our girls.

We may be able to meet you guys on the way in on Friday. I'd have to get the day off tho. Otherwise Saturday would work. Would be leaving from Kamloops and know exactly where you're talking about, stayed there a few years back after doing Windy Ridge. ☺️

Hey @Glenn-BJ74 and Pete and Drew, I am working on convincing my wife we should join you guys with our girls.

We may be able to meet you guys on the way in on Friday. I'd have to get the day off tho. Otherwise Saturday would work. Would be leaving from Kamloops and know exactly where you're talking about, stayed there a few years back after doing Windy Ridge. ☺️
We will make sure to leave the signage up for Saturday, I’ll have APRS going plus be monitoring 146.460Mhz

If you entourage is not keen on coming - come by yourself or with a buddy if you want

I'm in 😎💪

Bringing one of my three... The youngest.

Anyone headed thru cache creek area on Friday late afternoon/evening? I know how to get there, but it's always fun to convoy!

Will be on 146.460 and APRS at...

Cell is ***-***-****

Edit: @Glenn-BJ74 do you know the exact coordinates just to be on the safe side?

Last edited:
Weather looks promising
769E2DBA-7DF3-483C-BB83-FF2F8BD5379D.png

Hey Pete we will meet up with you and patti at a place and time you choose. Just let us know. Mike. 😎
Yes sounds good, are you on the group text chat?

Does anyone want to meet me in Cache Creek Friday afternoon say 12:30 to 1:30 ish?

I will probably be near Bill W's favourite 'greasy spoon', the one and only .... Hungry Herbie's

1652843157584.png

HH is a tradition for us. My only gripe is that they stopped making their own buns... like 25 years ago 🤪

Does anyone want to meet me in Cache Creek Friday afternoon say 12:30 to 1:30 ish?

I will probably be near Bill W's favourite 'greasy spoon', the one and only .... Hungry Herbie's

View attachment 3011524
This might work for us... Group 1 Subgroup "Border Collie" is leaving hopefully early enough that should work.

Mike and Carmen meeting in Cache Creek?

We were going to convoy with Pete, still waiting for a time and place to meet up in Abbotsford ?

I just got a new phone - same phone number - can you text me again saying its you plz Mike

Pete /Mike/Garry, etc.
Can you text me … so we can pin down down approximate ETAs

Glenn 250-686-1268
Thx

Just texted you Glenn. BTW, I am REALLY trying hard to pin down a time, but it's hard as I'm still having issues with the water in the trailer, and getting the wife and 5 dogs packed and ready in the morning is not easy. My goal is to meet up at HH in Cache Creek after lunch when you're there Glenn. That would mean we'd be leaving approx 8:30am from Abby. Mike I got a new phone, please text me again.

Just texted you Glenn. BTW, I am REALLY trying hard to pin down a time, but it's hard as I'm still having issues with the water in the trailer, and getting the wife and 5 dogs packed and ready in the morning is not easy. My goal is to meet up at HH in Cache Creek after lunch when you're there Glenn. That would mean we'd be leaving approx 8:30am from Abby. Mike I got a new phone, please text me again.
Hi Pete we have decided to meet up at Cache Creek.And then on to HH for lunch. Sorry for the confusion but didn’t have your phone number to text. See you at HH. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom