Alternator swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm wanting to swap my externally regulated alternator for an internally regulated alternator. My thought is I may go to a sniper efi in the future. I watched the Project Wrong Way video where he used a wire harness built by Coolerman. It seemed pretty straightforward. Does anyone know if Mark is still making these wiring harnesses and how I can get in touch with him? Alternatively, is anyone else making these harnesses?

Here is what I'm working with...old alternator with 3 pin connector, new alternator with 2 pin connector and the external regulator.

20220508_163000.jpg

20220508_162946.jpg

20220508_162854.jpg

Here is what I'm working with...old alternator with 3 pin connector, new alternator with 2 pin connector and the external regulator.

View attachment 3008731

View attachment 3008732

View attachment 3008733

So I'm wanting to swap my externally regulated alternator for an internally regulated alternator. My thought is I may go to a sniper efi in the future. I watched the Project Wrong Way video where he used a wire harness built by Coolerman. It seemed pretty straightforward. Does anyone know if Mark is still making these wiring harnesses and how I can get in touch with him? Alternatively, is anyone else making these harnesses?
Here's Mark`s wiring page Cruiser Wiring He just got back from vacation.

If you want to use your old harness to accommodate the externally regulated alternator, see Post #104 -> click here <-

Thanks for the help guys,

@mrboatman I could not get that link to work on my laptop but I'll take a look on my phone and see if it works.

@GA Architect this would require removing the 3-pin connector and adding a new 2 pin connector at the alternator like the one @ToyotaMatt showed above correct?

Last edited:
@mrboatman I was finally able to get to @Coolerman's website, that's exactly what I was looking for. thanks for pointing me there. How's your rig been running after the engine swap?
Glad you got to the site. The 2F swap has been great and running great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom