Warn 8274 9.5 XP Motor upgrade (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like it's still somewhat available on amazon:

Amazon product ASIN B001U7K2NW
EDIT: This is the gear to go on the new motor you're putting in. This works to retrofit to an 8274, not sure on the older bellviews.

Last edited:
I rebuilt my 8274 following the mud threads, using the 9.5 and new spline gear, direct bolt in.. Easy. I kept my old solenoids and switch and they work great as a unit. . Had to run a separate ground. No worries. I'll eventually go to the newer solenoids, but why if the old ones are still pulling the load.? My thinking anyway.. Good luck

Good morning ,I started tearing into this and took the motor off compared the two motors together and gears and decided this was not going to work ,and by the time i changed everything out it was going to cost me way over $500 , so sent everything back ,thank god for amazon sometimes so might as well invest in a new winch, not that i don't like to tinker around. and to answer the question itis the old strapback brake 5687

Good morning ,I started tearing into this and took the motor off compared the two motors together and gears and decided this was not going to work ,and by the time i changed everything out it was going to cost me way over $500 , so sent everything back ,thank god for amazon sometimes so might as well invest in a new winch, not that i don't like to tinker around. and to answer the question itis the old strapback brake 5687
Will you be selling this winch when you get a new one?

Excellent. Good work!

There are a few of these at $226 on ebay right now.
Jump now if you have been wanting one.

Hint: watch item, wait for reduced offer 215$

Screenshot_20220512-072600_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
Cheaper option for a splined gear. Cause most of us want upgrade parts from them anyway! Warning surfing their site gets expensive quick. I think I dropped a grand on my last gigglepin order. But in my defense that should save 2x 8274's

There are a few of these at $226 on ebay right now.
Jump now if you have been wanting one.

Hint: watch item, wait for reduced offer 215$

View attachment 3006840
That’s a great price!
I paid just over $200 about 6 years ago or so for one..

The Warn 70865 Motor is over $400..not sure if this motor is equil or better than the 68608…I can’t find any specifications at this time.

not sure if this motor is equil or better than the 68608…I can’t find any specifications at this time.

I started a thread about this a while back. Warn 68608 VS 70865 Motors, Does anybody REALLY know? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/warn-68608-vs-70865-motors-does-anybody-really-know.1270198/
I have the 70865 motor on one of my 8274’s

I don’t know if this is true but someone said the 70865 motor is 7hp…yes, just hearsay but Warn is the one who would know but there not coughing up the info/specs on this motor for some weird reason….

@woodsman 44, It might be 7 HP if it's for a 15K winch. It would be nice to know for sure. Did you ever get a chance to view the two side by side? Is one noticeably heavier or longer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom