New Guy Intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everybody, Casey here. I’m a longtime mud stalker but a new member. I live in Honduras Central America, but hail from northeast USA. I work with an NGO mostly running medical clinics in super rural Honduran mountains, I also have a coffee side hustle.

I drive a 1996 FZJ80 that has a swapped 1HDT and H151 5 speed. I bought the truck stock with 125,000 km and no rust. It is a VX model like the JDM models, dual ac, cooler box, dual fuel tanks, rear tire carrier, oem winch etc. Although it is super low mileage it was not maintained well and the result was a blown motor last year in the mountains. I loved the 1fz, but with gas around $8 here it wasn’t cutting it. So I bought a crashed 100 series HDJ for the 1HDT and did the swap with my mechanic.

I ran the truck stock for a few years with the exception of a dobinson 2.5 lift amd 33” BFGs. I have since added the ARB, Prinsu rack, arb dual compresor with custom 3 gallon tank, safari snorkel, and a few other bits and bobs.

I drive a lot of mud, red clay to be specific and drive some pretty extreme roads. Also I am part of a Land Cruiser club down here, basically a bunch of dudes with 40s 60s 70s 80s and 100s who do Offroad wheeling/overland trips.

I look forward to learning from you all more than I already have and sharing when relevant.
Cheers 🍺
698A54D7-C888-4F4E-B29D-C1D579F2C38B.jpeg
A755334A-7185-4CAD-89E8-258F0E3FC5E4.jpeg
8A032F9D-CC01-4CA3-BEAA-A805766006B5.jpeg
B80E2D63-D01B-4E31-B400-52633F2A2D14.jpeg

A few things I forgot, dual battery setup, Blue Sea add a battery with Lifeline group 31 agm, front and rear fuse blocks with separate breakers. Also this truck has the K295 axles so LSD, which honestly has been awesome, much better than I thought it would be. I thought about adding lockers, but a good line with correct pressures can get you through most things. I also run JW speakers and Lightforce for my lighting needs.

Welcome to mud now that you finally joined. Been around long enough I see to know that you had to post pictures :) Looks like a great vehicle.

Welcome! Very cool truck and nice pictures. Looking forward to seeing more.

I’m not too sure about the safety of that“bridge” in the fourth pic.

Welcome, Casey! Nice cruiser. Not sure if anyone has told you yet, but you have to send coffee to the first three people to comment on your thread. I’ll pm you my address. ;)
Haha I could probably make that happen. My wife and I have a 4 month old baby girl, she was born here in Honduras and we are headed to the states next week so everyone can meet the newest addition to the family.

Welcome! Very cool truck and nice pictures. Looking forward to seeing more.

I’m not too sure about the safety of that“bridge” in the fourth pic.
Yea there’s quite a few of those “bridges”. The collapse, then are rebuilt, last a few years and the circle continues. Honduras is quite corrupt so the money for infrastructure never gets to where it should.

It does however make for some great off-roading though!

Haha I could probably make that happen. My wife and I have a 4 month old baby girl, she was born here in Honduras and we are headed to the states next week so everyone can meet the newest addition to the family.
Congrats on your baby! Rain check on the coffee, you called my bluff, well done :)

Man, that place looks amazing.
It is, Honduras has a million problems but great off-roading isn’t one of them. Most of those places are within about 10 minutes of my house. There’s a ton of small paths that trucks can sort of make it through if you know what your doing and take some trail building gear with you. We opened up a new track recently and the locals all came out to see as they’d never seen cars pass through there. We take chainsaws, pickaxes shovels etc. and make it work.
3077CAB3-2727-451E-950E-7BE83D7179E1.jpeg
F6DD38C6-EFA1-49DB-992F-E3F63FE3EF4F.jpeg
A9AF1115-8012-47A8-A177-72001E2085FC.jpeg

Hey everybody, Casey here. I’m a longtime mud stalker but a new member. I live in Honduras Central America, but hail from northeast USA. I work with an NGO mostly running medical clinics in super rural Honduran mountains, I also have a coffee side hustle.

I drive a 1996 FZJ80 that has a swapped 1HDT and H151 5 speed. I bought the truck stock with 125,000 km and no rust. It is a VX model like the JDM models, dual ac, cooler box, dual fuel tanks, rear tire carrier, oem winch etc. Although it is super low mileage it was not maintained well and the result was a blown motor last year in the mountains. I loved the 1fz, but with gas around $8 here it wasn’t cutting it. So I bought a crashed 100 series HDJ for the 1HDT and did the swap with my mechanic.

I ran the truck stock for a few years with the exception of a dobinson 2.5 lift amd 33” BFGs. I have since added the ARB, Prinsu rack, arb dual compresor with custom 3 gallon tank, safari snorkel, and a few other bits and bobs.

I drive a lot of mud, red clay to be specific and drive some pretty extreme roads. Also I am part of a Land Cruiser club down here, basically a bunch of dudes with 40s 60s 70s 80s and 100s who do Offroad wheeling/overland trips.

I look forward to learning from you all more than I already have and sharing when relevant.
Cheers 🍺View attachment 3004947View attachment 3004948View attachment 3004951View attachment 3004953
Welcome. Don't let anyone talk you into driving up that little hill in pic #3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom