What Did You Do To Your Diesel Today (WDYDTYDT) (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good! One thing I would suggest is to make a fan shroud that stands the fan back from the radiator, with a flat sheet like that you've effectively reduced the area of the radiator to the diameter of the fan. Here's the one I made for my engine swap:
View attachment 2976622
What fan did you use, what type of controller on it? I got the oil leak repaired but didn't get time to drive again.

What fan did you use, what type of controller on it? I got the oil leak repaired but didn't get time to drive again.
It's a SPAL IX-30102049, I bought it from Summit Racing. It is controlled by my Auber water temperature gauge, I ran the relay output from the gauge to a 25amp relay to power the fan; I can program in set on and off temperatures.

It's a SPAL IX-30102049, I bought it from Summit Racing. It is controlled by my Auber water temperature gauge, I ran the relay output from the gauge to a 25amp relay to power the fan; I can program in set on and off temperatures.
Thanks, I'm not sure if mine will cool well enough. We use the fan on our balers for knotter cleaning. Drove it today about 20 miles and all seems good. Ran up around 65 mph in 5th with 3.70 diff. I think I am going to like it. Fun landcruiser project. First diesel out of 6 that I have owned. Now to put the 4 speed in my FJ 45 long bed.

I have been driving it a lot lately. The fit is great, runs and drives smooth. John Deere supplied the relay box for the 12/24 system. Was a cool build. Have plans for the turbo and parking brake. Will send photos when that happens.

20220418_171812.jpg

20220418_171854.jpg

20220417_160310.jpg

ACSD delete on my 1HDT. Glad I did, one of the hoses was pretty crispy. I did it while I had the intake off to do gaskets, must be really hard to get in there with it still on.
01920493-4AAF-41BA-ABBD-AAE8012721CC.jpeg

Got an oil analysis back from Blackstone. Pretty happy with the results. Recently rebuilt and mildly tuned the pump, installed new injectors, and a GTurbo. Intercooled as well. Happy to see everything is holding up.

Attachments

• 91 LAND CRUISER-220425.pdf
    17.3 KB · Views: 59
Found it not too bad to get to the actual ASCD from above but I doubt my fat hands could have got the new hose in with the manifold and lines on.

I'm used to working in very tight spaces on airplanes. So I guess it's relative.

Got an oil analysis back from Blackstone. Pretty happy with the results. Recently rebuilt and mildly tuned the pump, installed new injectors, and a GTurbo. Intercooled as well. Happy to see everything is holding up.

I've run two on mine. Both with lead levels higher than I like. Beb were supposedly done at 188k but I think he lied. I will probably end up doing them again soon.

I've run two on mine. Both with lead levels higher than I like. Beb were supposedly done at 188k but I think he lied. I will probably end up doing them again soon.
I ran an analysis soon after I swapped my big end bearings. It showed elevated levels of lead. After I told blackstone this, they advised that the fresh shells might account for that. This recent analysis seems to confirm that.

Maybe I'm just feeling things, but I swear my truck runs better after the ACSD delete. Maybe it was advancing the timing when it shouldn't be or something. It feels like there's more power off boost and then it feels like there's more grunt through the rev range. This assessment is after 100km or so of mixed driving on 50/80/100KM/h roads.

I ran an analysis soon after I swapped my big end bearings. It showed elevated levels of lead. After I told blackstone this, they advised that the fresh shells might account for that. This recent analysis seems to confirm that.

That's possible. The second analysis had lower levels than the first. I planned to run one more before swapping them.

ztaovNJ.jpeg
fa0SKCJ.jpeg

Woohoo! I got a winch!

I'm not totally happy with my wire / cable management, so I'll adjust that in the near future, but it's in, and it works!

That was actually last weekend. This weekend, I'll do a fuel filter, and try to get into some janky rear taillight wiring.

Made a snorkel, put on the new turbo, added another factory power box and mounted them both on the airbox.
free safari snorkel to anyone who wants it.

IMG_20220602_190133[1].jpg

IMG_20220602_190158[1].jpg

IMG_20220602_190231[1].jpg

IMG_20220602_190334[1].jpg

Made a snorkel, put on the new turbo, added another factory power box and mounted them both on the airbox.
free safari snorkel to anyone who wants it.

PM'ed!

Good looking snorkel you made!
What material did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom