LANDTANK - SUPERCHARGER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking forward to additional announcements on pricing and package options. Even though I’m already TRD’d (Second version).

So the intercooler and front heat exchanger are designed. I'm working with Bell Intercoolers out of TX and they are saying it will be 8 weeks for delivery of the first set.

The scaled system to utilize WRX STI pinks is done and waiting on prototypes from my guy.

With the addition of the intercooler and aligning the system to the whipple's compressor map for efficiency I'm looking at boost to be around 12psi at sea level.

Because of this there will be some testing by me before I'm comfortable in releasing it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update

Hey Rick -

Are you willing to hazard a guess at what the sea level HP increase with the Subi pinks & all the ‘full kit’ - or is this still a question with too many variables?

You can run some chalk board math based on the stock numbers but the result would be higher than actual. One variable is the actual parasitic draw oh the charger itself.

I think that is basically what Toyota did with the TRD kit as we have come to know their numbers were optimistic.

All that said and Understand I don’t run these numbers with any regularity I came up with 385hp, and that is based on actually generating 12lbs of boost. I forgot the torque number but I think it was around 500.

Maybe somebody more adept at this stuff can forecast better numbers.

Last edited:
Chalk board math

In a system without parasitic loss it would be 1+(12/14.7) * 212hp and 275ft/lbs.

So = 385hp and 499ft/lbs, you will have parasitic loss, efficiency loss, reduced timing, hopefully you can see 250-270awhp

Chalk board math

In a system without parasitic loss it would be 1+(12/14.7) * 212hp and 275ft/lbs.

So = 385hp and 499ft/lbs, you will have parasitic loss, efficiency loss, reduced timing, hopefully you can see 250-270awhp
Thanks, provided the scaled injector setup works the timing will continue to be as stock. But the system needs to be fully functional to determine that.

so... when can I buy this kit? lol.

Sounds awesome, can't wait!

You can run some chalk board math based on the stock numbers but the result would be higher than actual. One variable is the actual parasitic draw oh the charger itself.

I think that is basically what Toyota did with the TRD kit as we have come to know their numbers were optimistic.

All that said and Understand I don’t run these numbers with any regularity I came up with 385hp, and that is based on actually generating 12lbs of boost. I forgot the torque number but I think it was around 500.

Maybe somebody more adept at this stuff can forecast better numbers.
Hey Rick I contacted you several months ago about your MAF/injector kit for the TRD s/c. At that time you were working on this project so you didn't have any of the old kits in stock. With this Whipple s/c and its projected 12 PSI of boost, will the upcoming MAF/injector kit still work with the TRD s/c, which I believe discharges 6 PSI, or will the chosen injector's flow be too great? In other words are you using higher flow injectors than what was in the TRD kit for the 12 PSI Whipple?

With the Whipple s/c layout obviously the same as the TRD's, is it likely that the intercooler will fit the TRD s/c with minimal piping alteration? Or will you offer an intercooler kit for the TRD s/c?

Cheers.

So the intercooler should install on the TRD system without issue. My plan is to do so on my truck.

As far as the MAFs go, I’d recommend using the designed setup for the system you have. I’ve done my best to provide a result that mimics a stock setup for the range of operation for fueling and timing and I think it also influences shift control for the tranny as well.

One thing for sure is that if the air flow from the MAF exceeds a certain point the ECU will respond by pulling timing. That point is just above the red line on a NA engine and I want that to be the same on a SC as I see it as a safe guard for the engine.

With the addition of using pinks on my SC I’ve done a redesign so as to have some common parts between the two setups.

So the intercooler should install on the TRD system without issue. My plan is to do so on my truck.

As far as the MAFs go, I’d recommend using the designed setup for the system you have. I’ve done my best to provide a result that mimics a stock setup for the range of operation for fueling and timing and I think it also influences shift control for the tranny as well.

One thing for sure is that if the air flow from the MAF exceeds a certain point the ECU will respond by pulling timing. That point is just above the red line on a NA engine and I want that to be the same on a SC as I see it as a safe guard for the engine.

With the addition of using pinks on my SC I’ve done a redesign so as to have some common parts between the two setups.
Where you planning on a before and after Dyno test?

What can you tell us about sourcing / modifying / mounting the crank drive pulley?
I'm interested for reasons unrelated to supercharging.

No. It’s nothing I’m interested in. I’m looking for the most reliable, pleasant driving experience I can get.

When you look at the compressor map for a Whipple their efficiency island is around 12psi.

So using that means an increase of
no plans and don’t see the point of it. I’ve designed this to focus on the engines performance down low. Dynos don’t measure performance well in these lower areas.

No. It’s nothing I’m interested in. I’m looking for the most reliable, pleasant driving experience I can get.

When you look at the compressor map for a Whipple their efficiency island is around 12psi.

So using that means an increase of

no plans and don’t see the point of it. I’ve designed this to focus on the engines performance down low. Dynos don’t measure performance well in these lower areas.
Certainly is your prerogative but this isn’t really true. Especially with the later 80’s with the 2nd gear start button.

You can put the gear selector in 2, press the 2nd gear start button and you can make pulls from just off idle to redline.

If you’re talking out it not accurately measuring less than full throttle runs than that is correct but it is not correct that a dyno can’t measure “the engines performance down low”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom