What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

replaced my starter contacts to hopefully resolve an intermittent no crank issue. old parts didn't look that worn but the keen eye will notice a missing paper gasket. not sure how important that is but the new one now lives inside the starter. still need to remove the TVSS security/keyless system as it may be part of the problem.

View attachment 2999065

new AC Delco charcoal canister. original vent to air was too sort so its hanging out by the framerail until i can rig up an extension. Ziptie hold the single clamp tight; removed the bottom clamp as it interferes w/ the fuse box.

View attachment 2999064

@TRAIL TAILOR front recovery points painted and installed with new hardware.
View attachment 2999063

Are those, these and you used them on the front? Rear Tow Points 200 Series - https://www.trail-tailor.com/store/p115/Rear_Tow_Points_-_200_Series_GX470_4R.html

Installed 2 electric fans today.
Spal 10" regular (VA07-AP12-/C-31S) for the gear oil cooler and Spal 12" High performance (VA01-AP70/LL-36S) for the A\C condenser.
Both connected with a 40A relay, via a 25A fuse. The combined current is 19.5A
Saving a lot of fuel. Just turn on the fans, and the car moves forward... ;)

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-04 at 6.34.16 PM.jpeg

In case any of y'all lurking get the inkling to buy a cheap 80. Broke the 10k mark today. Still need to do brakes, trans/diff fluids, weathertechs, KO2s (with bronze SCS F5s if I can't control myself), oil pump gasket when I feel like it, and some bushings, and I'll call it "done". I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
IMG_2008.jpeg
IMG_1632.jpeg
stupid80****.png

Wish you were local. Just pulled all my junk off and its sitting in a pile. No interest shipping, but if you have people out this way I can hand stuff off.
Thanks, I appreciate the offer. No peeps in SoCal, unfortunately. :)

The money you spent is abhorrent until you flip it and double your money, then all of a sudden you are the next Elon Musk. ;)
There's no chance I could ever double my money. I could maybe get my money back plus a nice dinner to celebrate stemming the constant flow of money this thing takes.

Nice job on the steering wheel. The LS400 steering wheel fits?
I'm looking and weighing options as well. I thought about getting a 1997 Camry wheel I could use while mine was getting redone, and then locally loan it out.

Then I found this, some report the ls400 fits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom