2010 LX570 Headlamps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m wondering if anyone has a suggestion for replacing the headlamps on my LX? Other work I’d being repaired and replaced from a 2x4 strike while going down the highway. The shop is having trouble getting the headlamps. March 6 delivery. Can they be upgraded? Any help appreciated.

This is the thread you want Headlight Retrofit for 2008 - 2011 LX570 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/headlight-retrofit-for-2008-2011-lx570.1041963/

I've been happy with my Hikaris, but looks like some have burnt on people. The main thing to check before buying any matching bulb size is whether it will fit inside the dust cover.

Also, specific to the LX, since it has the AFS swivel lights, make sure none of the assembly gets in the way.

The other option would be retrofitting the HID lamps from later years 08-11 LX570 Factory HID retrofit - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/08-11-lx570-factory-hid-retrofit.1046864/

He needs the entire headlight housings, due to damage...

I agree on the bulb upgrades though!

For the housings, I would wait for OE Lexus, not a fan of aftermarket units due to potential for leaks.

Plenty of used ones on eBay. Maybe get the nicest one they have send a few bucks your way?

PartsOuq says they have one RH headlight in stock. 81130-60D61 (RH)

Heres the LH part number just for completeness. 81170-60D31.

Can't vouch for anything about these eBay ads... but they say they have it and it's pretty cheap.

LH
RH

My RH headlamp assembly has condensation inside and both are badly sun-faded (former AZ rig). I've shopped around at the different sites selling genuine OEM assemblies and they are, expectedly, not cheap.

Any other recommendations? I was considering take offs from car-part.com where they have some new and like new ones for about 1/2 the price.

My RH headlamp assembly has condensation inside and both are badly sun-faded (former AZ rig). I've shopped around at the different sites selling genuine OEM assemblies and they are, expectedly, not cheap.

Any other recommendations? I was considering take offs from car-part.com where they have some new and like new ones for about 1/2 the price.
Would a shop drill a little hole get the condensation out (similar process on double pane home windows), Sand, reclear the lenses?

After sanding and polishing again and again being disappointed with the longevity of the repair, I purchased new OEM headlamp assemblies. Before I did, I called a few scrap yards and they all confirmed they only refinish and sell used ones. They don't have unfinished used ones that usually look any good.

Anyone replaced the entire headlamp before? Are there directions anywhere? I can find them for LC but not LX.

After sanding and polishing again and again being disappointed with the longevity of the repair, I purchased new OEM headlamp assemblies. Before I did, I called a few scrap yards and they all confirmed they only refinish and sell used ones. They don't have unfinished used ones that usually look any good.

Anyone replaced the entire headlamp before? Are there directions anywhere? I can find them for LC but not LX.
A FSM cutout would be more useful, but i'm pretty sure you just need to remove the grill and bumper, then it's pretty easy/obvious how it comes out. I've removed one from a GS350 that other than the shapes looked identical.

Here's some threads:

LC Specific

LX Specific

I’m going to replace mine with new ones this fall.

You can access the top bolts under the plastic junk under the hood. For the bottom
You need to take the bumper skin off or at least get it really loose. Remove wheel liners, remove skids and lower plastic cowl and gently pry from fenders forward.

Here’s a shot from when I installed my bullbar
370EA3D2-9E55-4965-94B8-898466D11E72.jpeg

05E2846E-E55A-4C88-A916-C5118FD10960.jpeg

I’m going to replace mine with new ones this fall.

You can access the top bolts under the plastic junk under the hood. For the bottom
You need to take the bumper skin off or at least get it really loose. Remove wheel liners, remove skids and lower plastic cowl and gently pry from fenders forward.

Here’s a shot from when I installed my bullbar
View attachment 3109163

View attachment 3109164
Thanks. If you're looking for new OEM, check the Bell Lexus deal. Cheapest I found by >$100 and I did A LOT of research.

Got my new OEM headlamp assemblies swapped in this weekend. Too easy removing the grill and the bumper cover enough to access the lower portion of the assemblies and allow for removal/reinstallation. They look sooo much better! 🤩

If anyone wants the old ones, let me know and I'll ship them on your dime. All the clips are there - they aren't broken.

headlights02.jpg

headlights01.jpg

headlights03.jpg

headlights05.jpg

Now it need a bath and paint correction for the pinstipes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom