SAS SAS #6 Official Thread Aug 1 - 5 2022 (3 Viewers)

SAS #6 Colors for Shirts and Trail Flags

• • Capri Blue

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • • Sky Blue

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • • Pollux Orange

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • • Spring Green

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • • Yellow / Mustard

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • • Freeborn Red

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • • Rustic Green

Votes: 21 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Uh, engine, trans, tcase, and suspension swap in 3 months, easy.

:rofl:
images (2).jpeg

Well, besides the boring stuff like brand new injectors, coolant change, brake fluid flush, new rotors and pads, longer brake lines, all new diff and gearbox fluids,

Got my fire extinguisher and got a locker in the front diff which also meant front axle rebuild. My truck came with electric hubs from the factory, so I’m changing out the swivel hubs, spindles, and wheel bearing hubs from a manual locking hub model.

View attachment 2999197

View attachment 2999198

View attachment 2999199

View attachment 2999200

View attachment 2999209
So that's what a knuckle looks like without an inch of greased dirt on it!
20220503_115453.jpg
20220503_115409.jpg

Got my marlin heavy duty seals from Cruiser outfitters, gonna tear it apart and see what else it needs.

So that's what a knuckle looks like without an inch of greased dirt on it!
View attachment 2999277View attachment 2999278
Got my marlin heavy duty seals from Cruiser outfitters, gonna tear it apart and see what else it needs.
I went with OEM seals this time on mine. The Marlin seals that work for my 70 are the Marlin 80 series seals, which seem to have really mixed reviews on here compared to the Marlin 60 series seals. Part of that might just be because the 80 is full time, but my OEM seals were barely leaking at 140k miles and there’s no wear line on the axle shaft, so there’s no problem with OEM in this case.

You and Zac if he wants his 60 for this.
Lmao. Zac better get goin.

I've gotta pioneer a swap. I haven't heard on anyone putting this engine in ANY cruiser yet. It should be a ton of fun, and a hell of an engine and trans once it's in.

Lmao. Zac better get goin.

I've gotta pioneer a swap. I haven't heard on anyone putting this engine in ANY cruiser yet. It should be a ton of fun, and a hell of an engine and trans once it's in.
Well just remember to be careful of the water while you are pioneering. Dysentery is not fun, trust me.

I'm over here sweatin' which truck to run. The daily driver 60 that's rusting apart around me, has OME suspension sag by about 2" on one side, and no power steering. Or the new 60 that at least looks nicer, but that I've never driven - and has the engine about 1/3 torn down. Who knows what'll shake out when I get that one up and running. Will the brakes work? Power steering functional? Busted diffs? Who knows....

I'll make sure I get one up to snuff between job #1, job #2, two kids with a bunch of activities, playing in three bands (why do I do this to myself??), and a budget of almost nothing. See y'all in August.

I'm over here sweatin' which truck to run. The daily driver 60 that's rusting apart around me, has OME suspension sag by about 2" on one side, and no power steering. Or the new 60 that at least looks nicer, but that I've never driven - and has the engine about 1/3 torn down. Who knows what'll shake out when I get that one up and running. Will the brakes work? Power steering functional? Busted diffs? Who knows....

I'll make sure I get one up to snuff between job #1, job #2, two kids with a bunch of activities, playing in three bands (why do I do this to myself??), and a budget of almost nothing. See y'all in August.
Bring them rusty and crusty!

Yeah man I’m into that … but it’s the frame I’m worried about. The rust holes get bigger every year.
Well we do have a frame in great shape at the shop. I was going to use it so I could get rid of the janky lift on mine so @cruisermatt Can leave me alone about it. I know a couple people in the group have talked about doing a SAS project a couple times.....

Well we do have a frame in great shape at the shop. I was going to use it so I could get rid of the janky lift on mine so @cruisermatt Can leave me alone about it. I know a couple people in the group have talked about doing a SAS project a couple times.....
I got that blue 60 recently - super clean frame. But again … gotta get the motor back together. Take it for a maiden shake down voyage, and see what else I gotta do.

A spot at the KOA just opened up as I had to cancel and won’t be able to make it this year.
Got a spot. Web says there is still 1 left.

Knuckle rebuild, swap out trans/transfer combo new clutch and RMS and fix the timing gear cover leak.

I went with OEM seals this time on mine. The Marlin seals that work for my 70 are the Marlin 80 series seals, which seem to have really mixed reviews on here compared to the Marlin 60 series seals. Part of that might just be because the 80 is full time, but my OEM seals were barely leaking at 140k miles and there’s no wear line on the axle shaft, so there’s no problem with OEM in this case.
Got one side torn apart, koyo bearings look good 👍 man, what a dirty job.
20220503_183248.jpg
20220503_183309.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom