Goose Gear Plates -- Anyone Have Photos of Their Install? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I rock one myself, pretty friggin’ sweet. Big though to pack and more than I need. Probably downscale to the single in the future since I don’t need a double bed in the back of the Cruiser. But yes, it does fit real well in the back of an 80 and is super comfy. Beats my 2” thick thermarest any day.

Cheers
mistake post.

Last edited:
Total height including plate is 8 3/4" at the rear, with the slant of the 80 floor I assume this is much taller in the front. They do place bottom fillers on the front to keep it level. If not sure what I'm talking about pull the seats and carper and you will see a rather large left to right hump in the 80 with a big slope downward toward the front seats. It's far from level. As mentioned the wings close just above the rear wells so about as shallow as you can get height wise.
For the front to back, it's a bit covered and hard to get an accurate length of the base but it's designed to pull and fit mid seats. @SoCal80series can possibly get a better dimension as I think he did the sleeping package.
So the limiting factor at the front end is the height of the second-row armrests, correct? How are the seat delete boxes secured in place--are they attached to the cargo box, the second (or first) row seat mounts, what? Thanks!

So the limiting factor at the front end is the height of the second-row armrests, correct? How are the seat delete boxes secured in place--are they attached to the cargo box, the second (or first) row seat mounts, what? Thanks!
correct the plates are cut around the armrest to fit but just on the bottom side. Little more detail in my build.
attachment front system: Top secure point is to the extrusion, I used my 1/4-20 threaded rod instead of their bolts, bottom is to either seat mount bolt thread. It provides (2) mounting points and a strap, they also can be ordered separate later. I thought it was a little redneck at first but it works ok. I get it if removing to add a seat.
There is a group here in Colorado that has a rear system you may consider as well, they have posted here a few times and similar to this but much cheaper. I chose this because its more closed in and I wanted it as low as possible. Theirs sits a bit higher than I care to go.
1651610219557.png

I can get a better close up if needed:
1651610833723.png

pre adjustment and secured
1651611115057.png

Last edited:
correct the plates are cut around the armrest to fit but just on the bottom side. Little more detail in my build.
attachment front system: Top secure point is to the extrusion, I used my 1/4-20 threaded rod instead of their bolts, bottom is to either seat mount bolt thread. It provides (2) mounting points and a strap, they also can be ordered separate later. I thought it was a little redneck at first but it works ok. I get it if removing to add a seat.
There is a group here in Colorado that has a rear system you may consider as well, they have posted here a few times and similar to this but much cheaper. I chose this because its more closed in and I wanted it as low as possible. Theirs sits a bit higher than I care to go.
View attachment 2999405
I can get a better close up if needed:
View attachment 2999426

pre adjustment and secured
View attachment 2999428
Hey, I'll look at anything to see how someone executed it. Striking out on keyword search though:

cargo drawer platform seat delete system

And--aha!--more photos...

Last edited:
Hey, I'll look at anything to see how someone executed it. Striking out on keyword search though:
They have done a few posts here.

When you have the seat deletes installed--what kind of room is there on the floor in front of the deletes, with the seats as far back as they'll go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom