HD tie rod and drag link recommendations? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the current thinking for HD tie rods and drag links for stock steering configuration? Any recommendations on suppliers? I see Slee and Front Range have them. Any others I should check out? Do the upgraded ones use stock size rod ends? Are the aftermarket ones able to take more abuse and have greater resistance to bending than stock in people’s experience?

A few years ago, I got the Slee tie rod/drag link with Japanese 555 tie rod ends. No complaints here.

This thread is gold 😂 : Steering arm keeps bending (pic included) - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/steering-arm-keeps-bending-pic-included.1159835/

What do you guys think of sleeving the inside of the factory drag link with a carbon fiber tube ? (relay rod reinforcement) It’d surely make it more rigid.

What do you guys think of sleeving the inside of the factory drag link with a carbon fiber tube ? (relay rod reinforcement) It’d surely make it more rigid.
I would maybe just stick to quarter wall tube before we start reinventing the wheel

I run the stock stuff. I had a bad experience with the rods that use a jam nut to hold them in position. I think someone eventually made a link that had a clamp similar to the factory set up but not sure who that might be.
What was your experience? I’m about to redo my steering and I’d rather not waste 4-500$ if so.

Also. Can anyone confirm RHD and LHD drag and inner tie rod are the same ?

What was your experience? I’m about to redo my steering and I’d rather not waste 4-500$ if so.

Also. Can anyone confirm RHD and LHD drag and inner tie rod are the same ?
The only difference would be the taper for the steering stabilizer is on the opposite side of the drag link end for RHD vs LHD

As far as good kits go, I run the marlin HD steering kit, which I haven't bent the tubing or had come loose on me. I'm probably going to switch to the trail gear drag link because I keep bending the 21mm shank drag link ends and the trail gear link uses the larger 23mm ends.

I have slee rods from back in 2010 when they were just zinc coating, takes oem rod ends and has a notch to hold the bar with a wrench. Bent oem when I went to 37s, this one has held up fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom