Sagging wipers - FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I’ve got an ‘84 FJ60. The wipers always end up sagging below the trim on the windshield (see photo). I’ve tried repositioning them on the splines but that doesn’t change things. My first guess is that it’s time to replace the wiper motor but wanted to see what everyone thought before I spent the money on that part. Thanks!

DE2F3970-4369-441D-B76A-B8210F122307.jpeg

More likely it's the wiper transmission, inside the cowl. Lots of threads on it, but there are bushings part of that assembly that fail and result in sloppy wipers. The whole unit can be removed with the motor once the wiper shaft housings have been unscrewed from the cowl. Someone on here (witsend?) is selling replacement bushing(s).

I found the grommets, here.

More likely it's the wiper transmission, inside the cowl. Lots of threads on it, but there are bushings part of that assembly that fail and result in sloppy wipers. The whole unit can be removed with the motor once the wiper shaft housings have been unscrewed from the cowl. Someone on here (witsend?) is selling replacement bushing(s).

I found the grommets, here.
Cool thanks I’ll do some research.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom