Rear lower control arm brace\skid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

turbo8

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.ee-offroading.com
Hey,

I made 10 more sets of these braces\skids. They increase the stiffness of the rear lower control arm and decrease the chance of the arms getting bent from impacts. They come with all mounting hardware, can be installed in under an hour and the only tools really required are an Allen wrench set.

Four other MUD members have been testing these, without issues. Please chime in now if you have had issues. Thanks for testing them out!
@teejnut @kcjaz @TeCKis300 @TLC2013

I am selling these for $250 shipped as long as you're in the lower 48 states.

If you're interested, please reply to this thread.

Thanks!
20211212_125219-jpg.2863356

lower link skid.JPG

These have been working out great. Lightweight, easy to install, and quietly go about doing its thing without any perceptible compromise. My kind of mod.

This will take the point loads from the middle of the trailing arm beam and spread it out. Make for a robust trailing arm and I would impressed if anyone could bend the arm after installing this brace.

1651115057770.png

Install went well with all hardware except one clamp did not line up with the holes on the skid. Only encountered this with one skid and it was the holes closest to the front of the skid. Forced it a bit and ended up going in at a slight angle and stripped one side of the clamp. Used some loctite and it’s holding. I haven’t had a chance to beat on them yet, looking forward to this added protection as my LCAs are gauged and marked up taking one too many bad lines lol.

Last edited:
I'll take a set.

Thanks for the review @TLC2013. Let me know if you need a new clamp/hardware.
Thanks, appreciate it, ill provide another update once I get them in the rocks. I think it should hold just fine. If another clamp is needed I'll be in touch. Here’s a picture from tonight so lighting is a bit poor but shows the screws at a slight angle.

34027E41-9200-4F20-B561-1F0BD37CF905.jpeg

Looking forward to trying these out! I'll find out soon enough, but just wondering if the v shaped skid portion is made of aluminum or steel?

Looking forward to trying these out! I'll find out soon enough, but just wondering if the v shaped skid portion is made of aluminum or steel?
It is stainless steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom