Best replacement radiator for the money today... (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just ordered a Mishimoto for my 2006 LX470. The part # for the 06 LC and 06 LX is the same so…we will see if my impulse buy is a mistake or not.

Edit 1: Radiator showed up in flawless condition. Heavy duty box and very well packaged. Looks beautiful too. Going in this weekend I will report back.

Edit 2: Radiator installed without incident. Fit perfectly. Did this with timing belt at 260k and all hoses and clamps and Heater Ts replaced including the hoses and clamps going to the oil filter

Last edited:
Why is the mexico spec radiator cheaper?
I guess that 1640050290 maybe better/universal? since I check LX470 only 50290 is listed as compatible.
Discussion on differences starting post 505 on this thread. Pitch difference of .5mm between the two and both work. I guess it depends if that .5mm is worth almost a $100 difference to purchaser.

I paid $378 for Toyota OEM radiator shipped no tax from Serra Toyota last year. With Toyota's 25% off sale its $283 right now from Serra with free shipping. No brainer if you have a new radiator on the list of things to tackle...
Thanks, @bajaguy949 . Just ordered a Mexico radiator for 283 all in—insane deal. Going to preventatively replace the radiator on my 04, which is original and which the PO had repaired. Probably time.

I paid $378 for Toyota OEM radiator shipped no tax from Serra Toyota last year. With Toyota's 25% off sale its $283 right now from Serra with free shipping. No brainer if you have a new radiator on the list of things to tackle...
It appears they slap a $300 freight charge when you put a radiator in the cart. "freeship" gets you $200 off that. Unless I did something wrong...

It appears they slap a $300 freight charge when you put a radiator in the cart. "freeship" gets you $200 off that. Unless I did something wrong...
Remove all the other items in your cart leaving only the radiator, you will see normal shipping cost.
I fought with their annoy system last night finally figured out.

I ended up going Mishimoto aluminum radiator, FWIW, fit was excellent and the welds all look very, very good. I hope I don't regret it! Only slight mod to the install was the addition of some closed cell foam strips on the sides to close the gap to the fan shroud.

Remove all the other items in your cart leaving only the radiator, you will see normal shipping cost.
I fought with their annoy system last night finally figured out.
Were you able to add other things to the cart after removing and still avoid the freight or did you have to order the radiator separately?

Just one more data point. I ordered a Denso unit off Amazon for $230 shipped. It came banged up, box tore up, one of the mounting ears poking through the side of the box and bent to poop. I'll be returning it. Going to try to source one locally where I can inspect it first hand, if nothing comes up I will go with the Koyorad. Reviews seem good and it fits the budget.

Decided to go with an OEM Toyota unit I could inspect. It too had one of the ears poking through but was of much better quality and came with the foam installed and an OEM radiator cap. The Denso looked fine, but it was mangled. Toyota wanted $150 over the amazon Denso unit. Add in $20/gallon of fluid, new upper and lower radiator hoses and new OEM clamps and I came in just under $500 all in. Not too bad for a major overhaul of a major component.

Last edited:
The Spectra CU2282 just came apart on me at the fill neck. It started leaking under the raised area that provides the line to the overflow tank.

The system will not hold pressure. Couldn't have been a worse time to fail. I have no time this week to work on it and I will be leaving for Texas on Thursday.
There is a tire shop in town where I see 100 series being repaired. I will call them to see how much it will cost to fix.

The Spectra CU2282 just came apart on me at the fill neck. It started leaking under the raised area that provides the line to the overflow tank.

The system will not hold pressure. Couldn't have been a worse time to fail. I have no time this week to work on it and I will be leaving for Texas on Thursday.
There is a tire shop in town where I see 100 series being repaired. I will call them to see how much it will cost to fix.
Sorry to hear this. Does it still have warranty?

👍 I see on the company website they have a two-year warranty. I purchased it on July 8, 2020, from RockAuto. Rock stopped selling them at some point.

I will send a note to ask. Thank you.

Last edited:
Since Spectra radiators are no longer sold by Rock. They will issue a credit when the return arrives. I ordered a KoyoRad to replace it and to get a box. Shipping on the return and new purchase are over $65.

I went with a Koyo in August 2021. Along with new Mr T hoses, clamps, and thermostat. Did the foam myself. Sort of kicking myself now for not getting a T.Rad but I was a naive new 100 series owner.

The Koyo install went flawlessly and it has worked perfect. I dont expect to get 230k out of it like the original, though.

Since Spectra radiators are no longer sold by Rock. They will issue a credit when the return arrives. I ordered a KoyoRad to replace it and to get a box. Shipping on the return and new purchase are over $65.
Good thing is they don't make you going after manufacturer for warranty.

I have a crack in the radiator that leaks in the plastic part next to the fill opening, on the picture on the bottom side. I have tried to glue it on the road yesterday with superglue, did not stick. I ordered a new OEM 50360 and while waiting for it to arrive, I would like to glue the crack or close it any other way (heat it and melt the plastic?). Anybody any experience and/or advice?

2022-04-27 11.31.09.jpg

I used JB weld once, and it lasted years. In fact, I sold the car with the JB weld patch. It wasn't even Waterweld, just the regular stuff.

Just prep very well with coarse sandpaper, degrease, and make a patch much larger than the hole. Should be fine for a week or two.

I used JB weld once, and it lasted years. In fact, I sold the car with the JB weld patch. It wasn't even Waterweld, just the regular stuff.

Just prep very well with coarse sandpaper, degrease, and make a patch much larger than the hole. Should be fine for a week or two.
Just out of curiosity, any thoughts for what material I should use for the patch? The crack is about 2" long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom