94 Land Cruiser Alternator belt issue. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, having an issue with my alternator belts on my 80 series. They wear really fast, but I think that is normal. What I am trying to figure out is when installing new belts they do not fit on the the pulleys with just the alternator loosened as designed. In order to put new belts on I have to take the idler pulley off, and take the fan off and tilt that pulley then I can slide the belts on and put everything back on. I am using the factory Toyota belts, I have tried a few aftermarket belts but they wear out faster.

Is this normal?

Been dealing with this for a while, and tired of it now. I would like to be able to just put belts on and adjust the alternator tension.

Just put a new Aisin water pump on, same thing not that it would cause the issue since there are dowels to center it. The alternator has been replaced in the last few years, same issue with the old alternator though.

Anyone seen or heard of this before?

Thanks,
John

Hello all, having an issue with my alternator belts on my 80 series. They wear really fast, but I think that is normal. What I am trying to figure out is when installing new belts they do not fit on the the pulleys with just the alternator loosened as designed. In order to put new belts on I have to take the idler pulley off, and take the fan off and tilt that pulley then I can slide the belts on and put everything back on. I am using the factory Toyota belts, I have tried a few aftermarket belts but they wear out faster.

Is this normal?

Been dealing with this for a while, and tired of it now. I would like to be able to just put belts on and adjust the alternator tension.

Just put a new Aisin water pump on, same thing not that it would cause the issue since there are dowels to center it. The alternator has been replaced in the last few years, same issue with the old alternator though.

Anyone seen or heard of this before?

Thanks,
John

The matched set belts should last a LONG time.

Belts2.jpg

Its a fairly tight fit and there isn't a lot of adjustment....but you should be able to put them on without removing the idler.

You are routing them correctly right?

Like this:

belt routing.png

And NOT like this:

Belts Wrong.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom