1HD-T - Possible air leak from fuel primer ? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New they are nla. Supposedly the 100 series fits with some modifications.

I just removed it.
I see that so far but gotta be one overseas. I'm stubborn so I'll look for awhile before settling.

I see that so far but gotta be one overseas. I'm stubborn so I'll look for awhile before settling.

Settling?

The fuel heater doesn't fail. Just the o-ring does. So replace it. That's not settling.

Or run without it. Unless you live in Antarctica it's unnecessary and adds another element to cause reliability issues.

Settling?

The fuel heater doesn't fail. Just the o-ring does. So replace it. That's not settling.

Or run without it. Unless you live in Antarctica it's unnecessary and adds another element to cause reliability issues.
I live in Canada. It's the arctic in winter. When the truck came over from Japan it was -40c. The diesel froze. I had to get a tow truck to bring it to storage to thaw. Expensive mistake

The heater isn't going to keep the diesel in the tank or lines from gelling. It warms the diesel going in for easier ignition and keeps the filter from gelling.

I live in Canada. It's the arctic in winter. When the truck came over from Japan it was -40c. The diesel froze. I had to get a tow truck to bring it to storage to thaw. Expensive mistake

I now have this issue, having to pump the primer/filter head after leaving the car overnight!
This first started 2 days after fitting a new fuel filter (long-23303-56040) with the original primer/filter head (without heater).
I then replaced the primer/ filter head (with heating element) re-using the newish fuel filter and the issue hasn't gone away!

I think that when priming by hand, when the primer goes stiff I can smell diesel and hear air escaping somewhere.

mine was leaking before.
you can actually pull the steal hoses off as they are just pressed in and inside there is an O-ring that you could change.

Changed my fuel filter primed till hard. Diesel dripped from water drain. Took it for ride and barely ran.

Changed my fuel filter primed till hard. Diesel dripped from water drain. Took it for ride and barely ran.

If diesel is dripping anywhere it's barely going to run. It doesn't take much air.

That water drain is common with a Duramax is you wanna save some money.

If diesel is dripping anywhere it's barely going to run. It doesn't take much air.

That water drain is common with a Duramax is you wanna save some money.
I'd need the whole water sensor ?

^^^^^^^^

Agreed, the cost of the filter is so cheap and they come with a new 'O' ring.

Regards

Dave
It's only the tiny o ring on the plastic drain peacock on the bottom. If it leaks again I'll get one but it was perfectly in fine shape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom