WARN 8274...show what ya got! (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last go round is mothers mag and aluminium polish.
Didn't want to clear because stickers.
Im replacing the main sticker. I didn't like how this one layed down. It was also not technically correct. I bought before doing much looking. New should be here next week. I don't think ill clear it. The wax should do the same.

That looks trippy.. Is it dried hard?
Rats, I went to put a clear coat of Rustoleum over the Rustoleum dark steel and it wrinkled/crinkled..like what?
I wonder if it needed a day to dry..but I didn’t have this problem with the clutch and ratchet as well as my wheels that I used and it’s the exact same spray paint …goodness

I’ll have to say it looks ok though, being somewhat unique…but not sure if it m going to redo it.View attachment 2973842View attachment 2973843View attachment 2973844

That looks trippy.. Is it dried hard?
It totally does!

The clear coat dried hard…I’m guessing I didn’t let the dark steel spray paint dry enough before clear….I’m just going to put like 3 more clear coats on it and see how it looks…..go from there

Just picked this one up. I don’t know anything about these winches- haven’t done much research. Not sure how old it is. Serial number 1829964.

9C703A57-2E4B-42AE-916E-7C09951CD458.jpeg

Just picked this one up. I don’t know anything about these winches- haven’t done much research. Not sure how old it is. Serial number 1829964.

View attachment 2973927

Looks like a newer 8274 with the "T" handle for cable/rope free spool

I had paint do that to me. The second coat had to be within one hour or after 48 hours. It was a big pain to strip it all off and start over.

Last edited:
/\/\/\/\ This.....
I've had the same result b4, and had to strip the paint off and redo it. I dived into Rustoleums direction. Recoat within an hour or wait 48. Ive extended the hour by a little bit but no longer shorten the 48. I usually wait longer if it's was labor intesive prep.

Thanks, all good 👍 info..I definitely didn’t wait long enough like said but so far it looks really good with a few more clear coats applied…I’ll know today if I’m going to keep the wrinkle finish

Now I have do the same thing with the top half, hoping for wrinkle finish..lol

Last edited:
Rats, I went to put a clear coat of Rustoleum over the Rustoleum dark steel and it wrinkled/crinkled..like what?
I wonder if it needed a day to dry..but I didn’t have this problem with the clutch and ratchet as well as my wheels that I used and it’s the exact same spray paint …goodness

I’ll have to say it looks ok though, being somewhat unique…but not sure if it m going to redo it.View attachment 2973842View attachment 2973843View attachment 2973844

Doesn't look bad, just different. Not sure I would bother removing it and starting over.

Totally. Just having some fun. Madrone log was just too big and downhill for me to wrestle with personally.
I like to think that ive gotten slightly smarter with age. :flipoff2: my back doesn't appreciate unnecessary abuse.
weak sauce, he needs to learn from the Jedi master...lol

that was a Pacific Madrone he was winching...8274's are so fast!

Last edited:
Welded a 5/16” bolt to the pinion/ brake shaft and made a collar to keep brake assembly securely on…I’m using the C clip as well for extra security and for long time use.
E579F587-6187-4DB5-9538-4DC0986E69EB.jpeg
5735CC35-57EF-49A9-B06D-407190C0ED66.jpeg

^^^

Thats some good stuff there!🎯👍

I made up some 1/0 AWG cables for motor/contactor…always tough to get em to fit with limited space and fatter than factory cables which are 4 AWG.

I’m using a different base plate for the solenoid..part number is 31887..it has more room up top but one could cut the original one as well for positioning bigger cables..
FF78D676-20F9-408E-A8FB-9BCF8DD59853.jpeg
C6834F9D-CD66-4DF7-9290-81CB1545FE2D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom