SOLD TEXAS - 1984 FJ60 H55 "Craiggy" Price Update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Beige
“Craiggy” appeared in Houston August 7th, 2016 with 208753 miles. She was a mostly unmolested 1984 Beige FJ60 with Brown interior and has stayed that way. She had a past, most spent in CA and PNW. You can still find past “for sale” post with her history. I was looking for the most rust free 60 I could find, this was her. Under my care she has received the following, along with monthly hub engagement and ethanol free fuel her whole time in the family. She completed two 400 plus mile trips in last 3 months. There is NO rust on the truck, yes rock chips and one or two spots where someone buffed thru paint on an edge. Looks to be mostly original paint (driver door may have some paint work). I have pictures of drip rails and ALL common rust spots. See picture of full box 1984 SMOG equipment that goes with truck for full offer. Dash is NOT covered, just one small tear between two of the speaker perforations. To quote @HemiAlex, "Cleanest 60 out there". Work on the truck done by me, @HemiAlex @FARMAN33 and other Houston OG's. Trans and H55 supplied by @orangefj45 (Georg). Work listed below is partial history of the truck while under my care. Fuel tank recall was done under previous owner, as was updated AC refrigerant. Garage kept since in Houston. Craiggy did have "farm" mirrors at one point, I capped the two small holes on doors. Small dent in roof and a small indentation in hood. Truck sold as is, drive it home and take good care of her. No leaks, no drips - yes the fluids are full.

You can DM me your email address for a link to "shared folder" with 73 pictures and 3 videos
You can drive this one home!

Price is $31,000.00

Carb fan sensor
Install non cracked center dash panel
OME lift from @orangefj45
Hood insulator
Bilstein Shocks (208838)
Sway bar bushings
Headlight washer check valves
OME steering dampener (208940)
New “snake blinder” clips installed
Caster shims (2 degree)
New rubber fuel line from tank to neck and the rubber donut seal in quarter (77213-60030 and 96111-10630)
Knuckles redone and tie rod ends (210641)
Harmonic balancer (OEM)
New timing cover gaskets and seals
Water pump
4 Runner wiper upgrade
Hoses and coolant
Alignment
FJ62 grab handle added (thanks @orangefj45)
Driver side engine mount and rear motor mount/trans mount (210970)
Cap/rotor and plugs
Hand throttle cable with correct pedal setup (@FJ40GURU )
New vac advance on distributor (OEM)
Jim C carburetor and distributor installed (211291)
Jim C air pump replacement pulley
Installed the passenger side motor mount
Plugs - gapped .031 W14EXR-U (211500)
Fuel filter
New axle breathers
Timing and ac idle up adjusted
New exhaust gaskets
Adjusted valves (211651) oil change and filter
Inclinometer installed
Clutch slave and master cylinders installed (211911) OEM clutch hose (90947-02358)
H55 installed with rebuilt transfer case by Georg - Valley Hybrids (212738)
Rebuilt correct drive shafts for H55
Headlight washer bottle - NOT CRACKED
31" BFG AT
LED dome lights
Updated Headlights (Toyota kit)
Vac operated cruise control disconnected
fixed driver seat tear (as usual)
Fluids changed regularly with high zinc (15/40) and GL4 in gears
Large oil filters supplied by @yotafilters (IG)
OEM euro mirrors
Rebuilt PS box - 215600
New Northstar battery (3 months)

There is more I'm sure!

Thanks for looking, Marc

tempImageJx0fY1.png

717A8B3B-2218-4D29-8FE1-F505668ADF70.jpg
15297420-98C0-4FAE-8950-AA056BDE19C4.jpg
tempImageVrAEnX.png
tempImageTOyAr9.png
307F3536-6FCC-43C8-91E3-9ABFC7E491B6.jpg
tempImagekIXAoF.png

Last edited:
6780CCC4-0E13-4286-8E91-C3E99BD8717B.jpg
tempImageQy5eC1.png

Y Those are the Euro mirrors correct, or does it have 70 mirrors now?

Great looking 60!! GLWS
Yes, you are correct TexasBlue, Euro's. My bad, will edit. Appreciate the heads up

Stunning! Man this is tempting.

for all that asked I have added your email and granted access to the shared folder of photos. I add that the truck has a new "Northstar" better (3 months old) - Virgin Lead.

Last edited:
Awesome vehicle, awesome seller. If things weren’t so hectic for me right now I might be pulling the trigger on this one. The seller checks all the boxes as far as I’m concerned. He has communicated well with me and made sure to point out the most minute of flaws (which are only a couple). The vehicle checks almost every box for me….the most important of which are the rust free condition, the mechanical shape of the vehicle and the H55F. I may look back in the not too distant future and regret passing on this one…..

Awesome vehicle, awesome seller. If things weren’t so hectic for me right now I might be pulling the trigger on this one. The seller checks all the boxes as far as I’m concerned. He has communicated well with me and made sure to point out the most minute of flaws (which are only a couple). The vehicle checks almost every box for me….the most important of which are the rust free condition, the mechanical shape of the vehicle and the H55F. I may look back in the not too distant future and regret passing on this one…..
Thank you, was enjoyable getting to know you. I would really prefer this to go to a MUD member.

Care to share those few minor flaws?

They are in description - but, small tear between perforations in speaker grille (dash), and small dents on roof and hood. I had to circle so someone could see.
tempImagezbuKdI.png
7CF713A1-60E7-4080-B3BA-147C280026B0_1_201_a.jpeg
tempImageL70Ckv.png

Sure. They were a couple of small dents that he had mentioned but I could not find in the pictures. He had to send me pictures with them circled so I could see them. Having been in the TLC game for a long time I'm of the opinion this FJ60 in it's condition and with the H55F has to be in the top 5% of existing 1984 TLCs on the planet.

Sure. They were a couple of small dents that he had mentioned but I could not find in the pictures. He had to send me pictures with them circled so I could see them. Having been in the TLC game for a long time I'm of the opinion this FJ60 in it's condition and with the H55F has to be in the top 5% of existing 1984 TLCs on the planet.

Oh I agree, for an all original, unmolested 60 it's a gem.

Checked out this 60 yesterday afternoon and it's entirely as-advertised. Body and frame are stupidly clean, shifts/drives very smoothly, and everything is nice and tight. Bump for a great seller, Marc is a total Cruiser enthusiast and entirely transparent. My 80 continues to be the right Cruiser for me, but this is one really awesome 60.

GLWS Marc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom