2F Carburetor Insulator Plate & City Racer Carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brooklyn

SILVER Star
Threads
HI all - I am changing out an older carb replacing it with a City Racer non-smog carburetor. I also purchased a new insulator plate from VintageTeqParts. After reading a few threads, I want to confirm that no additional gaskets are needed between the manifold and carburetor as the insulator has gaskets. Is this correct?

Also, when mounting a new out of the box carb do you do any adjustments to the carb before installing?

Looking to get this all installed on Friday and want to make sure I am ready -- thanks for any insights.

IMG_1702.jpg

I’m not positive but I think you need you a spacer between the top of the carb and air cleaner. City racer sells the spacer.

HI all - I am changing out an older carb replacing it with a City Racer non-smog carburetor. I also purchased a new insulator plate from VintageTeqParts. After reading a few threads, I want to confirm that no additional gaskets are needed between the manifold and carburetor as the insulator has gaskets. Is this correct?

Also, when mounting a new out of the box carb do you do any adjustments to the carb before installing?

Looking to get this all installed on Friday and want to make sure I am ready -- thanks for any insights.

View attachment 2987498

NO additional spacers between carb and intake and spacer / below carb base

some set'ups require a spacer tube above the air horn ?

RACER sells them , not sure the exact why behind this ?

Why is the carb insulator cut in 1/2?

No gaskets with the insulator. That’s correct.

The carb may need adjusting most all I’ve used just need RPM

The insulator come with the gasket as pictured above— no need for anything else if you received 21912-61035.

Agreed what Grogan said: either it’s the picture or the carb insulator plate has been chopped in half.

Insulator plate and carb installed. Getting the most slightest gas leak around this connection - really just moisture. Any tricks to getting this to be perfect.

E24EF3CE-D47B-4117-B4C6-567528352CDD.jpeg

The fuel line to the nipple.

You need an "olive" as shown in ToyotaMatt's post above.

Was it determined that the insulator was normal? I just rebuilt my 78 carb CA and was wondering if the divided ports on the insulator were correct. There is a vented screw going up through the throttle body into the main body of the carb. When installed onto this insulator that vent is "blocked" off. I've never noticed it before, but am now wondering if it needs intake vacuum up through the insulator.
78 throttle body bottom.jpg
78 intake insulator.jpg

Yes, before you ask... I put the fourth stud in with the carb.

Was it determined that the insulator was normal? I just rebuilt my 78 carb CA and was wondering if the divided ports on the insulator were correct. There is a vented screw going up through the throttle body into the main body of the carb. When installed onto this insulator that vent is "blocked" off. I've never noticed it before, but am now wondering if it needs intake vacuum up through the insulator.
View attachment 3009898 View attachment 3009899
Yes, before you ask... I put the fourth stud in with the carb.
There is a passage in the throttle “throat” for that screw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom