Low priced, supposedly Genuine Denso injectors too good to be true? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone bought from this seller? ->

I contacted them and they assured me they're Genuine Denso injectors but I trust no one on ebay tbh.

Is there a way to confirm they are Genuine Denso when they arrive?
What do you think guys is this price to good to be true?

--Thanks in advance

buy them then send them to a diesel injection shop to check them before you run them
sill that's a killer deal

I never buy anything from ebayers with a 97% rating. Read the negative comments to see how the seller is treating the buyers.

This last negative about fake bosch parts is a dire warning

The object received does not correspond to the description, I received "made in china" instead of "Bosch" as indicated in the announcement. Error on the part of the seller or attempted scam? I don't know, because the seller didn't give any sign of life after contacting him several times. After requesting a dispute, Ebay refunded me. The seller may be in trouble or has stopped his activity? I don't know, but I don't recommend this seller. -1

I never buy anything from ebayers with a 97% rating. Read the negative comments to see how the seller is treating the buyers.

This last negative about fake bosch parts is a dire warning
Yeah i know I read that one. I guess I was hoping to see if it was possible to tell somehow if they are fake, I'd buy them, see they're fake and send them back and leave him a negative warning others. It's what, a $700 savings if they're real?
Maybe people are buying fakes and don't realize it

Yup most people don’t realize it until the item fail’s prematurely.

I wonder what would it take to rebuild injectors at home. What injector special tools would you need.

I bought a set from that guy. They showed up, all 6 loose in a ziplock bag.

2 were junk and held zero pressure, when I contacted the seller about it, his reply was a return address, and not a single word more. Kinda pissed me off, but whatever.

The 4 that were ok seemed to be ok, but one of those negative reviews is me. :meh:

Yup most people don’t realize it until the item fail’s prematurely.

I wonder what would it take to rebuild injectors at home. What injector special tools would you need.
Rebuilding the old IDI injectors is actually quite straightforward; the biggest challenge in my opinion is keeping everything extremely clean and lint/dust free. I rebuilt a set of Mercedes OM617 injectors for my G-Wagen and they turned out great. The only special equipment required is a pop tester with the correct injector fitting and a set of shims for adjusting the opening pressure. The Toyota Denso injectors are basically the same as Mercedes Bosch ones, I believe Denso licensed the Bosch designs.
IMG_7284.jpg

IMG_7280.jpg

IMG_7353.jpg

Rebuilding the old IDI injectors is actually quite straightforward; the biggest challenge in my opinion is keeping everything extremely clean and lint/dust free. I rebuilt a set of Mercedes OM617 injectors for my G-Wagen and they turned out great. The only special equipment required is a pop tester with the correct injector fitting and a set of shims for adjusting the opening pressure. The Toyota Denso injectors are basically the same as Mercedes Bosch ones, I believe Denso licensed the Bosch designs.
View attachment 2986469

View attachment 2986472

View attachment 2986470
super awesome reply, wondering where you got that crack pressure tool... i really want to learn more do you have anywhere I can learn more about the process?

I bought an injector rebuild kit from mercedessource.com, it came with the pop tester, shims, instructions and a bunch of supplies for the whole process. Pop testers can be purchased on eBay or amazon, or you can make your own out of a bottle jack.

oh man this is super helpful now I want to buy the tester tool I was checking the FSM does not look to hard to DIY maybe just measurements on the shims but instructions are all in the FSM... might be worth it to buy these chep injectors and check it yourself. with the amount of money saved you get to learn something new and have some new tools :) win Win IMO

found this video here on the process 1HD-T injector service

1650408409371.png

Last edited:
I’ve bought two or even three sets from that eBay seller. They came packaged in denso packaging and had a cursive D on the nozzles. The ones I removed had ND. Its likely the logo changed. I have about 20k miles on since installed and one of the other sets are in @bottombracket ’s hj61. I’m not sure how many miles he’s put on his so far.

I’m closing in on 5,000 miles; zero issues. Runs like a stinky sewing machine thanks to @roma042987.

Well, I guess I should mention, I did install the 4 that were usable. I probably have about 20k kms on them. Had to buy two more from the injector shop.

I don't know if the ebay seller shipped me a set that was returned or what. Their complete refusal to communicate or even answer after purchasing was annoying.

I'd have returned the two duds but couldn't get a reply so I gave up. s*** service either way. :meh:

I dont even buy cheap krap from ebay from those with 96% rating.

I'm thinking of picking up a pop tester I hope this has the fittings required for the 1hd-t injectors

so I can pull them out and check the injectors before sending them out for rebuild.

A and B type with m.m. size nuts (12 X 1.5) and (14 X 1.5) - I hope this is what I need

The video here looks like this guy used the eBay UK seller for nozzles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom