Emergency drive flange on rear hubs to seal things up. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have not stepped up to RCVs yet. I did not realize the RCV flange required drilling and tapping the hub for larger studs and dowel pins. Unfortunately a stock front flange won't fit the rear if the rear hub has been modified to run RCV rear shafts. 🤷‍♂️

I like the idea of having one lightweight cap that would work for all !! ;)

The other option is the carry a spare RCV drive flange.

To be honest I wasn't happy about it and did not know until I went to install then. if they would have just left the pins the same size as stock the the individual could decide whether or not to add the extra pins and holes. 🤷‍♂️

I could add the taper, but that kind of pressure would probably split the print. When the bolts are tightened...
Make sense , in that case I think the holes should be no more then 8.25 to 8.50 mm or it might move around to much.

Hmm the gaskets I have have holes in different locations..

They are slightly farther out on the tan one..

20220420_162520.jpg

Like my shoes?

469DFEB8-C486-44D7-AA12-9C69D641A131.jpeg
A317C74F-CCAC-43E7-A3C1-89A5E3B96FB2.jpeg
This one cost me too much. Yes, that is Moab dirt.

Expensive block off plate
I’m now running RCV 300m shafts. Shouldn’t have to use that flange to retain oil hopefully.

The Gaskets and not made with precision, I usually have to push them on especially the fronts.
If you have a rear gasket I would mimic that.
I have rear gaskets here form two different manufacturers and there not exactly the same.

Maybe I’ll see you guys in Moab. Not planning on needing any of this tech.;)

I should be there Monday ;) I well be staying at the Arena behind the barns.

Leaving Pacifica on Sunday, driving out #50. Camping out along the way and arriving on Monday is the plan.

Not sure what you mean.

You can pull cross pin and spider gears without pulling the diff out. Easier on the back too with the cover, just a bit of oil to deal with.
Can’t do this on full floats. Diff Covers are welded. Semi float yes.

Leaving Pacifica on Sunday, driving out #50. Camping out along the way and arriving on Monday is the plan.
We will be heading out the 50 as well, it's longer but the wife is tired of the 15 and that part of the desert. We will be leaving Morro Bay Saturday and plan on arriving on Monday also. We will be towing and move slower, Look for us along the way.
1650548444195.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom