I am making LC Scale Kits & Accessories for mud! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can acquire license/permission to make everything from 3Dsets.com, as well as make any parts i can acquire the 3D model for.

I am making a batch of 1/16 in various colors today, and plan on shipping these full kits for $10 + shipping (hoping no more than $20 total). This is Mud price only and eventually will be a permanent coupon (good for all things I can make myself) on my site (have not built). I can tag on some small accessories for free with purchase of each new kit.

For the case, I think best route is for me to send you the printed parts and you get your own board. If you have your own printer, you can print these very easily (they provide gcode/i can share here).

You can request these parts in any scale, just give me time to test fitment as I scale up. I plan on making at least a 1/10 and 1/8th for myself (will share build/photos/videos as i go) since i already have electronics for those.

1st Order of business, who wants to volunteer for Quality control? I just need 1 person for now who will receive a kit from me to test, someone who has electronics available. We start with 1/16 and go from there!

Eventually i'll offer electronics as well, after i figure out what to put in these; Will gladly take advice.

1649507480408.png

1649506867171.png

1649506880115.png

- Sharpe

Last edited:
I’m REALLY interested in a HZJ75 to go on my RC4WD. I’d have to stretch the frame though.

Here is everything I have the license to and am learning to make. I purchased from them: basically entire catalog minus the "Fun package" for the buggy. Ran out of money XD. Check 3Dsets.com to see more details.

1649530879612.png

1649530904242.png

1649530930168.png

1649530961313.png

1649530988652.png

Last edited:
1649531028131.png

1649531058811.png

1649531076359.png

I bought their entire catalog.

Small accessories I can include free with purchase of a new vehicle.

Replacement parts will be very cheap as well, since I am making them myself.

Let me know if you have any questions! I will make 1 of each model over the next few days and share results here.

- Sharpe

^^^Awesome stuff. Hopefully you’ll add more as time goes on.

@SharpeCat Hey! I run a little 1:16 WPL truck. What is it exactly that you need a test subject for? Are these bodies only or what? Or are they full build kits?

I'm fairly new to the hobby and still pretty excited about it, so if you need somebody to test 1/16 stuff let me know.

I already emailed them regarding custom models/ones currently not on their site. I'd personally want a little mini LX!

Will keep you posted boss; just a matter of time!

-Sharpe
I'm also interested in a 60 body ... since that's what I daily drive. ;)

@SharpeCat Hey! I run a little 1:16 WPL truck. What is it exactly that you need a test subject for? Are these bodies only or what? Or are they full build kits?

I'm fairly new to the hobby and still pretty excited about it, so if you need somebody to test 1/16 stuff let me know.
They are just kits until I have money to bulk order electronics, so I can send you a kit to test with your own electronics. Bash them and tell me which parts I need to make stronger.

Will let you know when I start making them, doing some remodeling real quick!

-Bao

Last edited:
They are just body kits until I have money to bulk order electronics, so I can send you a kit to test with your own electronics. Bash them and tell me which parts I need to make stronger.

Will let you know when I start making them, doing some remodeling real quick!

-Bao
So just the shell then? In other words, no frame, suspension, axles, etc? I know there will not be any electronics, like you stated above.

And of course no rush. You got bigger fish to fry, and my truck is over here running just fine.

wpl truck.jpg

So just the shell then? In other words, no frame, suspension, axles, etc? I know there will not be any electronics, like you stated above.

And of course no rush. You got bigger fish to fry, and my truck is over here running just fine.

View attachment 2981164
Everything but electronics. Suspension body wheels tires interior etc.

D31D8C1C-8D31-4730-B904-767689026F02.png

725C116C-8D72-48DF-8F4B-06E2C9D85CD1.jpeg

AB93F7FF-C2FD-4AB6-9A04-5DE72631B7EC.png

Last edited:
Landy Mini 1:16 will be my $20 model.

Prices are still in the works, but my plan is 50% of market value for mud; aka cost of production.

Material options, colors and even design can be customized (carbon fiber available in several types including petg PLA and nylon, as well as common materials like TPU/ABS/PETG/etc). There will be a base price and there will be additional mods/options/variants/option to personalize.

Example of more expensive kit in video below. Also check the “nextgen” video.

-Sharpe

Last edited:
I could use some help from our RC experts/bashers.

I invite everyone to share their thoughts as far as what each part will be made of. Ideally, I don’t want to ship you replacement parts often as small things cost more to ship than make. However, there is a balance because making everything in ABS Carbon fiber and nylon carbon fiber can get expensive and drive up the cost for everyone. Whatever the cost of production is, that will be the price for mud. Maybe we can get it below 50% market price!

Default is PLA as recommended by 3DSets, but PLA is not very impact resistant and can melt in your car on a hot day.

Reserving post slot for full parts and materials list later.

Also, the Landy mini is 1/16th scale but the rest says “All Kits are 1/8”. I’m going to ask about the 1/10s as I know many of us have 1:10s. Maybe this will give everyone a good reason to take the leap to 1/8 scale.

If going 1:8 scale as default , there will be over 200 parts per kit. I will make sure to offer and cater to the smaller scale folks so that your old electronics will not go to waste. If anyone has extra electronic parts, consider loaning me some 1/10 or 1/16 scale for testing.

we will start small with the 1/16 scale and let me know for your kit what material you think is best for each part. Use photos above to reference the Landy mini kit.

For example: tires in flexible material, body parts in impact-and-UV resistant, interior seats in flexible (mimic leather), leaf springs rigid but mild flexibility, etc.

Reference this post for examples of material types from my US manufacturer (Keene village in Ohio) for filament. I also have plenty of Artillery brand filament in stock.

Post in thread 'DIY 3D Printed Cup Holder Plans'
DIY 3D Printed Cup Holder Plans - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/diy-3d-printed-cup-holder-plans.1268823/post-14405038

-Sharpe

Last edited:
Hey @SharpeCat, how's your project going?
I got something in the mail coming that's going to help with this project.

11 x Quinly Automatic Ejection/AI Failure Detection, as well as my "Print Management" software.

So far the biggest challenge i've found, and reason why i havent started:

Every piece is well designed for 3D Printing and easy to make, but there are just so many pieces. With current system i am having to slice (programming for 3d printers) many individual parts many times, and manually removing from build plate. When a kit is 50-300 pieces you can imagine this process being extremely tedius.

Imagine your paper printer needing you in between each page, and you're trying to print 300 pages just for 1 car. Now I can que up everything at once and it will automatically eject one and move onto next; aka "make 300 copies" feature. You'll see soon bud! Package is expected early-mid next week and i will begin extensive testing. Mud is getting my first batch of products that ever leaves my house! I'm hitting the books and doing some last minute cramming to refine my slicer settings and optimizing machines before letting it run 24/7.

It's going to seem stagnant for a bit, but don't think I'm not working on a plan for this. At some point it's going to feel like we are going from 0-100, so enjoy the calm before the storm.

Also, do you have 1/8 scale electronics as well? The kits are designed for 1/8, the mini 1/16 and I will manually try to scale from there/refine fitment as I go. I also sent them an email to see if there are any already scaled to 1/10 - the most popular rock crawler scale.

- Sharpe

That all sounds great! I mean, I don’t understand a lick of it but really … it sounds great! Sorry if I came across as impatient - I was just checking in because it sounds like a cool project.

Some of my electronics are probably ok at 1/10 or 1/12 (servos and ESC) and others (motors) are more sized more for the 1/16 or 1/18 scale.

That all sounds great! I mean, I don’t understand a lick of it but really … it sounds great! Sorry if I came across as impatient - I was just checking in because it sounds like a cool project.

Some of my electronics are probably ok at 1/10 or 1/12 (servos and ESC) and others (motors) are more sized more for the 1/16 or 1/18 scale.
Oh I make these things with “printers”. Like the ones that you use to paper but 3 dimensional paper.

Shoot me your address and I’ll send you a 1/16 in PLA and ABS for now. And some extra parts because I know PLA will break. The stronger parts like carbon fiber PeTG and nylon parts I’ll ship separately later.

Oh I make these things with “printers”. Like the ones that you use to paper but 3 dimensional paper.

Shoot me your address and I’ll send you a 1/16 in PLA and ABS for now. And some extra parts because I know PLA will break. The stronger parts like carbon fiber PeTG and nylon parts I’ll ship separately later.
No rush at all. I’m happy to wait until you’ve experimented with your new toys.

@CruiserTrash ive been giving packaging/storage some thought lately and just realized I’ve been wasting my time.

3D sets has me covered: 3D Sets Storage System – 3dsets.com - https://3dsets.com/product/3dsets-storage-system/

I just now remembered this because I’m building a similar 3D-printed joinery system for printer and filament shelves, and it’s basically same system used here but scaled up for bigger wood boards. I’m thinking best way is I’ll mail off printed pieces for storage included with kit, and people can source their own foam or wooden boards.

I have not read dms lately but I will ship out first official set in June; make sure your address is in my DM.

I also need a 1/10th scale and 1:8th scale tester.

1:10 is rock crawler, 1:8th will be a desert racer.

-Sharpe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom