Oil Pressure, Fuel, and Temp Inop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having an issue with my gauge cluster. My oil, fuel, and temp gauges have suddenly become very intermittent in operation. At first the temp gauge would randomly stop working over a couple of days. Next startup it would work fine etc. etc. Then over the span of a few days the rest of them all died and have remained that way. Voltage is fine.

So before I start digging into the issue, is there a common ground for just those three gauges? And if so, where exactly is it located? Any other potential areas I should be looking at?

I personally did the entire restoration but will willingly admit, electrical is by far my weakest link. Sure do appreciate any wisdom.

If the rest of the stuff on the heater fuse is working, I would look here on the cluster circuit board. The oil pressure and fuel gauge share a common power supply from the heater fuse. The temp gauge is powered by the fuel gauge.

1649604862049.png

If the rest of the stuff on the heater fuse is working, I would look here on the cluster circuit board. The oil pressure and fuel gauge share a common power supply from the heater fuse. The temp gauge is powered by the fuel gauge.

View attachment 2976813
Ahhhh, I actually looked at the fuses and didn’t see anything amiss but I also know a fuse can be bad without “looking” bad. I’ll put in a new fuse and check. If that doesn’t do the trick I guess I’ll have to pull the cluster out. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom