For Sale Spain: 1988 BJ73 Orig Paint, 116k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sometimes I'll be perusing overseas "for sale" ads and come across a car that stands out a little from the rest. This one kind of did for me. Note it's not mine, I have no affiliation with the seller, and I've never seen the car in person, so everything I know about it I learned from the ad.

It's a 1988 BJ73, left-hand drive, and has the 3B diesel motor and H55 5-speed transmission. Unusual for a Spain-market BJ to have the "normal" 3B instead of the VM (or whatever it was called). The decals on the body seem original, which usually means the paint is also. Certainly looks like it. Interior looks original and pretty nice. Shows 186,000km, or about 116,000 miles. Barely broken in if it's been decently cared for. Seller claims it's a two owner car. It's just south of Barcelona, so maybe you get a great vacation out of the deal, too.

Price is only 10,000 Euro, which is about US$11,000 today, and seems completely reasonable. The dollar is doing well against the Euro these days, so it's a good time to buy. Figure maybe $4-5k all in to get it from seller's driveway to yours in the US.

The ad is here:

And some photos for posterity:

3.jpg

4.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

7.jpg

L
@joekatana may be able to weigh-in on this one
Comparing the current condition under the hood with the shiny new paint this needs to be inspected in person , I would take a good look under those fender flares , definitely a lower priced 7x in Europe and the interior looks decent so this might be a good buy for someone. 3B’s are super reliable and if you are not planning on to much highway driving this could be a good buy after inspection in person.

My confidence in the originality of the paint is wavering. I was assuming from the presence of the (likely original) decals/graphics that the paint was original, but on closer inspection of the photos, that may or may not be true. As @joekatana correctly stated, an in-person inspection would be required to verify condition. Still, this one has the potential to be a decent deal for someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom