FJ62 Caliper bolt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I just lost a caliper bolt on some corrugation. Anyone know the size of that fella? Or is that not something I'll find at a parts/hardware/tractor store.

Just did this. Available from dealer. See part number in pic.

C9721E27-81F4-42DB-B399-D9C217B0449F.jpeg

Napa carries M12x1.25 that was the right length and it fitted fine incase someone reads this needing a quick solution.

I did order a few OEM replacements so I'm not doubting old or low quality caliper bolts when on trails.

Has anyone ever attempted to plug weld the hole and re-drill and tap to the correct size? Is welding on a cast steel part like this not advisable? I'm doing a knuckle rebuild currently and had the same issue with one of the caliper mounting holes stripped out from previous owner and it was drilled to take a 1/2" bolt. I'm putting on new calipers and would rather not drill them out for the larger bolt size. Just exploring options, seems like the heli-coil is the common fix.

I didn't watch this whole video but there might be something to be learned.

A lot of folks use TimeSerts over Heli-coil for this application. I was worried that drilling and tapping for 1/2" would be larger than what the insert would need, but I think not. I used a "perma-coil" for one of mine that was stripped. To install the coil you first need to drill a 31/64" hole, which is already bigger than 1/2".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom