Your thoughts on my running board conversion? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First time posting on this app but long time stocker. Took me several days deciding what to do with the running boards after installing the rock sliders. I'm very picky how things look and wanted something that looked as if it were stock and also still wanted some sort of mud guards. I've seen many people totally removing the trim piece or cutting a small section to fill in the gap. So this is what I came up with. Let me know what you think.
20220317_195628.jpg

I like the looks. I think just about any off roading will violently remove the remaining mud flap .

I’d ditch them. And the wheels too.

I sliced mine off with a dremel, horizontal to the bottom of my sliders. It looks pretty good, but there is no longer a front mudflap and the front my rock sliders get sandblasted all the dime with road debris. It would be nice to install a basic black plastic flap in the wheelwell to stop that from happening.

Appreciate the feed back, as far as sedonuts and rommelrommel comments about coming off in a violent way I don't seem to be having any problems with that happening yet. I've taken it on the Broken Arrow trail and Cender Hill and had a little rubbing but that's about it.
20220402_134602.jpg
20220402_134602.jpg

Rednexus comment about the mud flaps I wasn't sure if you're talking about mine or not but I added these universal black mud flaps that are very strong and help hold the leftover running board mud guard to the inside of the wheel well. I wanted to kinda match the rear mud flaps. View attachment 2969731

Those are still attached? Have you even been off roading?

Leaving mudflaps in place is a great way to direct upward force right into your whole fender when your suspension compresses coming down off of a rock. Ask me how I know… having anything in between the ground and your sliders kind of defeats the point of the sliders.

I recommend these

Those are still attached? Have you even been off roading?

Leaving mudflaps in place is a great way to direct upward force right into your whole fender when your suspension compresses coming down off of a rock. Ask me how I know… having anything in between the ground and your sliders kind of defeats the point of the sliders.

I recommend these

Yes they are and yes to offroading. As I said in my previous reply I have taken it on the Broken Arrow trail in Sedona, Az. going down the staircase and up to submarine rock. I think you might be thinking I have bigger tires like 285/70r17 size tires but I'm using 265/70r17 instead because I'm not ready to cut this up because it only has 104k miles on it and I definitely won't be taking it rock crawling.

20220323_131601.jpg

Yes they are and yes to offroading. As I said in my previous reply I have taken it on the Broken Arrow trail in Sedona, Az. going down the staircase and up to submarine rock. I think you might be thinking I have bigger tires like 285/70r17 size tires but I'm using 265/70r17 instead because I'm not ready to cut this up because it only has 104k miles on it and I definitely won't be taking it rock crawling.

View attachment 2973517
Tire size is irrelevant to my point. There is more clearance in front than there is behind the tire. I don’t rock crawl either but that s*** happens on a tight trail. Your sliders will not prevent fender damage with those goofy hacked up mudflaps installed like that.

If off-road means dirt roads they’re fine. If it means much more they’ll catch eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom