Tin bin new to forum.80 series issues where to begin? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Bought my 80 in Nevada. Has all emissions accessories.

Problem is fast idle and check light. Don’t know how to pull codes.

Replaced torn air cleaner hose, replaced a few vacuum lines that were torn, replaced o2 sensors. Cleaned aic, checked afm, noticeable change from rough to smooth idle after replacing o2 sensors. That is where I am at. That pesky light continues to rent space in my mind. I have disconnected battery for a period longer than a half hour. Light does turn off then comes back after about 50 miles highway and some city driving.

Where to start trouble shooting?

BF956E8D-D751-4493-B6B7-6404D93FFADF.jpeg

A9A78314-93A6-457C-9570-E593D445CA9A.jpeg

From the grill, it looks like and OBD1 rig, the FSM manual will tell you how to pull the codes and what they mean.
You're starting on the correct path, anything rubber under the hoods needs changing.
If you look up Base Lining in search you'll find a bunch of threads. Its gets your rig to a known level of maintenance.

When did the high idle and DTC light begin and did they happen at the same time? Background info is helpful to the community here.

Looks like a 91 from the tag on the back.

That's a 3FE, so he's "special".

Look up EVERYTHING posted by jonheld on this forum.

Find the correct year FSM from up above in the "References" section.

Download the FSM and learn how to read engine codes. Also, mention the year of the vehicle because we have no idea what you bought.
Po71. Egr is the code I’m getting. Supposedly there is no egr available for this truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom