hj47 T case over drive gears (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Years ago Fairey built an overdrive to work on the split transfer case but that was years ago. Even if you found one replacement parts would be next to impossible to find. As @nogo said the H55F five sped which just adds an overdrive fifth gear or changing diff gears. Adding the H55F will create clearance problems keeping the hand brake on the transfer case. Models that came with the H55F option the hand brake was on the rear axle. The H55F was never used in the FJ45 or HJ47. Both those the hand was on the transfer case.

Years ago Fairey built an overdrive to work on the split transfer case but that was years ago. Even if you found one replacement parts would be next to impossible to find. As @nogo said the H55F five sped which just adds an overdrive fifth gear or changing diff gears. Adding the H55F will create clearance problems keeping the hand brake on the transfer case. Models that came with the H55F option the hand brake was on the rear axle. The H55F was never used in the FJ45 or HJ47. Both those the hand was on the transfer case.
The 5 speeds seem to be more expensive than other t case gears ive found and you need to adjust cross member mounting, need different drive shafts and need to figure out a handbrake if you go with a 5 speed as the 5 speed boxes are 50-60mm longer

The 5 speeds seem to be more expensive than other t case gears ive found and you need to adjust cross member mounting, need different drive shafts and need to figure out a handbrake if you go with a 5 speed as the 5 speed boxes are 50-60mm longer

They don't make overdrive gears for the split case, but they do make underdrive ones.

An overdrive gear in a 5 speed will be one of the few options. Higher geared diffs is also an option.

Does anyone know of 15-20% over drive gears for a transfer case off a 4 speed hj47?

Here's a split case Fairey over drive for sale.....

Some reading......

Just a suggestion, Call Georg at Valley Hybrids, explain what you are trying to accomplish and he may just have options and/or solutions , he knows the gear game and a thing or two about different drive train combonations for land cruisers.

Here's a split case Fairey over drive for sale.....

Actually tempting if it wasn't so far away. With the exchange tate could be around $200 US even with what PayPal tacks on for exchanging currencies.

The Fairey OD for the split transfer case uses large ball bearing. The earlier ones uses skinny roller bearings. Only thing it changes on the one piece is what rides on the transmission tailshaft. Wonder if the gears set for 3.0:1 and 4.0:1 would be effected with the over drive.

They don't make overdrive gears for the split case, but they do make underdrive ones.

An overdrive gear in a 5 speed will be one of the few options. Higher geared diffs is also an option.

Fwiw we do offer overdrive options for the split case. Both stand alone high range gears that don't change the low range and high range OD / low range combos.

Details here:

Fwiw we do offer overdrive options for the split case. Both stand alone high range gears that don't change the low range and high range OD / low range combos.

Details here:

That's awesome. I didn't realize that. I was looking for something like that a while ago, but I never found it. Thanks for the info!

That's awesome. I didn't realize that. I was looking for something like that a while ago, but I never found it. Thanks for the info!

Marks 4WD in Australia had offered the combo HR overdrive/LR underdrive options for decades for what it's worth. The stand alone are newer offerings, I believe we were the first to be using them in the US. We've sold/installed many sets, great for diesels, V8's, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom