RESTOMOD: 40-series Troop Carrier (1HDFTE/H151) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is my first real build outside of USA. Due to local motor vehicle laws, I can only use the original factory chassis. I have sourced a 1HDFTE/H151 from a 2000 LC100. I have also sourced factory diff locks from an FJZ80 and several chassis mounting parts.

The idea is to get something close to the 80 series (a good balance of on/off road capabilities) while retaining the factory exterior look and chassis. Knowing that the 80 series axles are much wider, and that sourcing new custom parts is not possible, what are my best options using used Toyota parts?

Given the affordable labor costs, one option is to narrow the 80-series axles to match 40 series troop carrier. 2nd option is not really an option but to simply retain the original 40 series suspension and axles.

Can someone suggest other options? (Please note there is a plethora of Toyota and Nissan trucks salvage parts available locally)

Much appreciated!

Here is the starting point: chassis
IMG-20220324-WA0137.jpg

Why not just run full-width axles? Better stability and you can run a positive offset wheel to move everything in a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom