Front Doors on Alibaba (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I received a split case hand brake kit from Australia. It looked like it at some point someone must have bored and was using it as a soccer ball. It was padded well enough it wasn't damaged. Next time it came in a wood crate with other parts. When I was employed had access to a wood shop and pretty much everything got crated I shipped. This was before shipping cost were ridiculous.

Only caught a glimpse, but it looked like the weatherstrip notches in the sill might be the newer flavor (all rubber, different clips) vs the "beaded" flavor (wire pin clips)...the SA doors were similar. Definitely good to check before assembly to have the right parts, although those sill pieces go last.

I'd be curious to see the latch pocket and inner window rails - those are the parts that are a royal pain if they're wrong...

Otherwise, seem like more consistent than the SA doors, although those pinch folds are a bit quirky as called out. The upper rail looks more consistent/straight than the SA doors as well. Lateral straightness is the other fun one - when they put the clamshell together, did they introduce any warping. (My hunch is no, but the other good thing to check).

Sure, there are ways. You've now enlarged the box, added to the weight and material cost, plus additional time to pack. You may have to go freight, which will double the shipping cost. Why do customers have to do all this just so that the UPS can toss the boxes around for a service they are already overcharging for? Look at all that non-recyclable material that will get tossed as soon as the shipment is complete.
That same box has been shipped at least twice, I wouldn’t call that wasteful.

Doors showed up in perfect condition! They look great. Curious though, my pinch folds are perfectly flat like they should be. So there might be some minor inconsistencies in production. I haven’t personally seen any SA doors but I would imagine the quality would not be better than these. Full schedule today but if I get some spare time I will post up a bunch of closeup pics for the masses.
CE2A7A7A-3826-4409-850E-B1972857BB8D.jpeg

Doors showed up in perfect condition! They look great. Curious though, my pinch folds are perfectly flat like they should be. So there might be some minor inconsistencies in production. I haven’t personally seen any SA doors but I would imagine the quality would not be better than these. Full schedule today but if I get some spare time I will post up a bunch of closeup pics for the masses.View attachment 2961414
It helps that your shipment has a 2 day transit time while JVZii's is 5 day / cross country.

Doors showed up in perfect condition! They look great. Curious though, my pinch folds are perfectly flat like they should be. So there might be some minor inconsistencies in production. I haven’t personally seen any SA doors but I would imagine the quality would not be better than these. Full schedule today but if I get some spare time I will post up a bunch of closeup pics for the masses.View attachment 2961414
I would wager the "assembly" might still have some human element, so that could explain the pinch differences.

I'd be curious to see the front rail inside the door for the glass, just knowing that was a PITA on the SA doors...

I would wager the "assembly" might still have some human element, so that could explain the pinch differences.

I'd be curious to see the front rail inside the door for the glass, just knowing that was a PITA on the SA doors...
Glass rail? Like this? They offer it as a separate part. Is there a need for these?

Glass Rail.jpg

Glass rail? Like this? They offer it as a separate part. Is there a need for these?

View attachment 2961634
That's the rear one that's removable. There's one in the front thats spot welded in before the clamshell is closed. I had a crooked one on the SA doors, and it's hard to fix once the door is closed up.

The SA doors did have some quirks on how that rear rail mated up too, but I digress... 😂

That's the rear one that's removable. There's one in the front thats spot welded in before the clamshell is closed. I had a crooked one on the SA doors, and it's hard to fix once the door is closed up.

The SA doors did have some quirks on how that rear rail mated up too, but I digress... 😂
You know LCH wants a 1000 bucks each for his doors now?🤪

You know LCH wants a 1000 bucks each for his doors now?🤪
And here I was thinking about new uses for my shelf space once I sell mine off…for a lot less.😉
I haven’t had any real time to look this week, and I’m off duty now after a rebuild marathon earlier in the week, but I think my hunch about the bottom radius on the inside shell being a little off is probably correct. If my eye doesn’t deceive me, it’s off by about an 1/8”. I don’t think it will affect anything except how the weatherstrip squeezes down when the doors are closed.

The only update I have is… there isn’t an update. Absolutely swamped at work and I’m still waiting for the electrician to wire 220v into my new garage, at which point I’ll probably start the restoration of the top and sides. Once they’re done then I’ll have something to align the new doors with.

These guys are at SEMA...

(Photo from friend there)

IMG_6850.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom