12HT GLOW SCREEN TIMER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kevin in okinawa

SILVER Star
Threads
Not sure if your truck is like mine, but the glow screen light has never worked. For those that have operable units, how many seconds does it typically take before your light comes on and you are able to turn the engine over? Please note the estimated outside temperature also, i.e., was it summer or winter (and cold winter?)

I want to say that I wait about 5–10 seconds typically. The truck always roars to life as soon as I blip the key, so I think that I'm doing it correctly, but I do want to know what your experience is with your 12HT. oh, mine is 24 volt.

Last edited:
I have a BJ74 so 13BT, but it's basically the same thing as the 12HT. My glow screen light won't even come on until the 20F ish degree range. At that point its usually just a little blip. Closer to 0F is when it will stay on for like 10~15 seconds.

So if you aren't seeing temps below 32F zero, I doubt that light will ever come on.

Not sure if your truck is like mine, but the glow screen light has never worked. For those that have operable units, how many seconds does it typically take before your light comes on and you are able to turn the engine over? Please note the estimated outside temperature also, i.e., was it summer or winter (and cold winter?)

I want to say that I wait about 5–10 seconds typically. The truck always roars to life as soon as I blip the key, so I think that I'm doing it correctly, but I do want to know what your experience is with your 12HT. oh, mine is 24 volt.

You can uplug the sensor on the thermostat housing and that will trick the system into thinking it's cold and turn the glow on. You will hear relays shut off and 10 or so seconds and the light will come instantly on.

If you see a light, all is probably good.
No light but relay sounds, bulb is bad
no light, no relay sounds, you need to start troubleshooting fuses, wires etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom