Rear Disc Brake conversion question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am hoping to convert to disc brakes in the near future. I have been looking and reading for a while here. I would like to go with Poser's brackets etc. This may be a dumb question but where do I go to purchase? Thanks in advance.

Send @Poser a PM and ask him

+1 on posers kit. Be prepared to add a proportioning valve and don't forget to remove residual valve from master cylinder or replace the M/C with one intended for rear disc.

I went full hog and replaced master with an FJ80 one and the booster with a dual diaphragm minitruck booster (both from CityRacer), added larger 4runner calipers on teh front and now even with very heavy 38" tires brakes are great and pedal is light enough for my (small) wife.

Without a proportioning valve in the rear circuit I quickly learned how skidding wheels will pass those that aren’t on wet roads. In simpler terms… my rear wheels locked and the 40 did a 180* spin in one lane at about 20 mph. It’ll get your pulse going in a hurry, especially if you don’t see it coming. :grinpimp:

I am hoping to convert to disc brakes in the near future. I have been looking and reading for a while here. I would like to go with Poser's brackets etc. This may be a dumb question but where do I go to purchase? Thanks in advance.

His web site is: http://www.lcr4wd.com/ but it doesn't appear to be working at the moment.

I can PM you his phone number if you don't get a hold of him otherwise.

Yes a proportioning valve will be needed and a good quality brake line flare tool. Poser kit for me as well. He has been great to work with for several transactions.

In case you aren't aware, early years, pre 7/70, are 9mm. After 7/70, it's 10mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom