What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Test print of some custom knobs. The next step is to print them in the correct high temp black resin. Grey is just for fit check before printing in the higher cost material.

View attachment 2941409
@EmanC - would you be open to sharing the stl / 3d print file for the knobs (or at least the DEF knob)? Refurbishing a heater box.

This gonna keep going til you TURN THE KNOB SIDEWAYS!!! 🤣🤣🤣
Little known fact: The Knob Police Force (an upstart offshoot of the Bezel Police Force) is a very active and astute organization. The offending knob has been corrected, so hopefully supervised probation is in order.

03.05.2022.Switchs.1.jpg

Little known fact: The Knob Police Force (an upstart offshoot of the Bezel Police Force) is a very active and astute organization. The offending knob has been corrected, so hopefully supervised probation is in order.

View attachment 2944675
Just messing with you of course……. Your 40 is awesome regardless of “knob orientation” !
:cheers:

This is the tease......😳
The tease continues. Just got it home and finally have a minute.
So early last week, @Cruiserhead1974 sent me a link to a 77 FJ40 in Montana. Of interest to me was the “parts rig” he was trying to sell with it as a package deal. A phone call and a few crappy flip phone pics later and we had a tentative deal on a Freeborn Red 1977 FJ40. I was working nights all last week so couldn’t be there until Saturday, he said he’d hold it. Friday morning, off work at 6, took a nap until 9 then loaded the flatbed, wife, kids and dog and headed to Wenatchee (central WA) to unload the kids and dog at the in laws and we headed for Big Sky Country and Flathead Lake. Got in real late Friday night and had a plan to meet Saturday morning. Got up, coffee and diesel and a 5 minute drive to the hills overlooking the lake; awesome view. Brought my bore scope with me so we checked out the cylinders, spun the engine by hand, poked around the cruiser and exchanged money for paperwork.
The engine was pulled when this last owner bought it and he wanted to restore it but decided he’s getting on in years and won’t ever do it. So, unsure why the engine is pulled but there is a new clutch in a box and he remembered something about a clutch: we will see but I’m planning on an engine rebuild and hoping for less. It’s got a rusty rear sill, some rust in both front fenders and the quarters along the wheel well seams and a couple dents but overall, I think it’s a great project and I really like the pinstripes. Not sure my plans yet but I’m a sucker for a cheap cruiser with a title. I’ll get better pics and start a thread in the coming days when I get time.
81CD4400-4EE0-40A3-8DA8-A955BC87EAD8.jpeg
0BFB18CD-EDB6-4419-B460-5A9F4444213D.jpeg
636AAE58-6A86-42A5-9835-F9F1296E06F0.jpeg
BADCCDBA-EA75-45F9-8433-4DF2B490E058.jpeg
159A4220-F0BC-4C8C-8C87-4542088CC638.jpeg

No fair, big sky foul.

Awesome tease and reveal.

I just need to move.......😳

I remember the heady days of a “red” TLC when @rkymtnflyfisher was east coast and down.
A lot of nuances in the 76-77-78. That just makes em‘ special. Great score well done.

Say......you don’t have any troublesome Elk, Mule Deer or Antelope that needs tending to, do ya.? 🙄

Found some work lights for, like, free. Said to myself, "those might make some good rock lights for someone who doesn't have any rock lights".
So i found a couple out of the way spots on my fancy home-made front bumper and drilled some holes.
I bet if i wired these up, they'd come in handy.

20220303_105720.jpg

20220306_144852.jpg

20220306_144924.jpg

Finally started installing the Cruiser Corps covers in the '69. Much easier process than I expected. I need to get some foam to fill out the drivers seat back and the passenger seat bottom as I don't like the look of how they aren't "filled out" like the drivers seat bottom. Should have them wrapped up and in this week. Also started on exhaust for the '69 after installing the used Mark's header I got. I have a nice 2.25" exhaust that was for a '78 that i got in a pile of parts, but had to modify the piping to work with location of the crossmember of the '69 with is a few inches forward from where it lived in the '78. I admire exhaust artists, getting all the angles right is a pain in the butt!

On the downside, I saw some bubbling of fluid coming out from right above the side cover below cylinder #3. Looked like oil, but I have a fear it may be the head gasket. Oil is clean and no white smoke out exhaust, so it may just be a bad side cover gasket, but I am doubtful.

IMG_3011.jpg
IMG_3018.jpg
IMG_3027.jpg

I always heard the manilla gaskets were close to oem. Is that oatmeal? Haha.

Great hack btw.

Into my new shop and moved the old tub onto the rig to refurb. I still have the teseven tub....but having
a spare tub is "not a bad thing" (tm). A pic of the new shop... Yay! Normal cancer on the old tub...same old
stuff....move along...move along. How many times have you seen this cut out?

IMG_0520.jpeg

IMG_0579 2.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom