Cruise Moab 2022 planning thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I figured lets create a one-stop-shop for those who are heading down to Cruise Moab this year. Maybe there could be some overlap with folks driving down together, hopping on trails together, getting campsites near friends etc.

406 Cruiser-heads who are driving:

@90WT
@JohnnyOshow22
@406Camper
@REZARF
@ttFJC
@CCRider ????
@bagochips76 ????
@thetoyotaman ????

Who am I missing?

I am bringing my 13 year old son as this is his 13th birthday trip! We'll camp at the CM22 host site and would love to coordinate with anyone else looking to camp with the crew.

Still not sure which trails I will go for. I get stuck in a rut running the trails I have loved before. Looking for fun trails and scenery.

Who is considering a pre-run. We might head down for the swell and the Hells Revenge Night run on Wednesday night.

We'll see when the schedule posts but these are the trails I am interested in (no particular order):
1) Fins and Things
2) Poison Spider Mesa
3) Porcupine Rim
4) San Rafael Swell (overnight)
5) Top of the World - a must for me!

I am probably bringing a friend of mine who is a good mechanic.
Definitely interested in a caravan down to CM with an overnight maybe near Ogden or SLC.
@90WT mentioned a good camping location there.
I only ask that departure time from Bozeman isn't too early. Remember, it takes me 2 hours to get there from Billings.
So stoked!
Planning on camping at on the track (host site) as well.

Thought about going through SLC to see the Land Cruiser museum but I am not sure if it'll be open due to CM22

Not sure what Overland Cruisers plan is yet for departure or route. Some of us are driving our rigs some of us are towing them. 6 vehicles from the OC crew were registered for CM

CCrider is definitely on board! I’m headed down a few weeks early with my 👧🏼 so we can get in some MTBing and 1 or 2 overland routes outside of town. I’ve run a bunch of trails in the past few years and hope to up my game some. Im definitely in for a prerun, Hells Revenge at night would be 🔥

We have stayed at Antelope Island State Park several times. Great camping spot to layup outside of SLC. They close the site in the evening. So you have to make it in time. There are hiking/biking trails and a old farm museum. Nice way to stretch the legs and avoid the City.

Not sure what trails we’ll do just yet.

We’re roping in a trip to AZ before Moab. So won’t be in the wagon train on the way down. But maybe on the way back to Bozo.

Taking the LX and pulling the camp trailer.

im leaning twords taking like the 20th through the end of may off so im open for adventures before

Guys,

I'm going to head down to Denver to pick my buddy up and we are going to hit the Kokapelli pre-run on the 25th. So I won't be caravanning down with you all.

Signed up for the Amateur Radio License Class on March 12, with the test on Saturday, March 19, 2022.
Class is free through Yellowstone Radio Club (YRC).

Signed up for the Amateur Radio License Class on March 12, with the test on Saturday, March 19, 2022.
Class is free through Yellowstone Radio Club (YRC).
Best of luck! I like hamexam.org for practice tests and study aids.

CM Schedule is posted.

All:

I am doing the Koko pre-run which puts me in Moab Wednesday night. Therefore, rather than get up early (5:30 am) on Thursday morning, I am going to sign up for Elephant Hill on Saturday. I am also signing up for the Fins and Things IFS Only on Friday. Thursday runs I'm thinking of are Cameo Cliffs, Poison Spider Mesa, or Gold Bar Rim. Any suggestions?

My revised tentative schedule:
Thursday: Fins and Things
Friday: Porcupine Rim
Saturday: Elephant Hill

I found out that we will probably hit Top of the World on the Koko pre-run.
We'll see how registration goes tomorrow.

Me waiting for the trail selection to open this morning.
I'm gonna try for Wipe Out Hill, Seven mile Rim (gunner on Friday) and Hells Revenge.
Almost time...
1646492294395.png

Are they sending a link or will it open on the website

Are they sending a link or will it open on the website
Email starts at 0800 in the order you registered. Email will have a link to registration. You need your password to log in.

Email starts at 0800 in the order you registered. Email will have a link to registration. You need your password to log in.
i got in before the great crash... should get my email very fast lol

Hoping get on Lockhart basin, Gold bar, Porcupine, Top of the world🤞

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom