New FJ40 Chassis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jbee

Thank God for the deserts
SILVER Star
Threads
A close friend builds show trucks with these chassis for the early Chevys and Fords. Quality stuff.

Coil overs, disc brakes, tru trac front and rear.
I think my original F engine will be overwhelmed.

A bargain, starting at $39,995.00 (yes, that comma is in the right place), and just little extras like motor mounts and stuff to add on top of that!

One of these, a new tub from aqualu, maybe a 1HD-xx engine, some seats, oh yeah windows and headlights and stuff... and BAM you've got yourself an ICON.

Quality stuff I'm sure. And for the right audience maybe that's a good way to go. Who knows how many thousands I've dumped into landcruisers to have less performance that the product in OP. But sticker shock gets me.

To each his own.

A bargain, starting at $39,995.00 (yes, that comma is in the right place), and just little extras like motor mounts and stuff to add on top of that!

One of these, a new tub from aqualu, maybe a 1HD-xx engine, some seats, oh yeah windows and headlights and stuff... and BAM you've got yourself an ICON.

Quality stuff I'm sure. And for the right audience maybe that's a good way to go. Who knows how many thousands I've dumped into landcruisers to have less performance that the product in OP. But sticker shock gets me.

To each his own.
Stand-alone 5.7….

Screenshot 2022-03-04 095240.jpg

Priced it out as shown with options.
49k and I could of missed some things

i don't see a PTO Pillow Block Bracket on the Front Cross member ?

thats a shame ....

So this is just a frame and running gear? Personally would rather it was built with the tub and front clip in place. The 40 series made multiple changes between 1961 and 1984. Wouldn't want to give vendor free rein to do what want and then figure out later how mount the body on what someone else has done.

That's my .02

Last edited:
i don't see a PTO Pillow Block Bracket on the Front Cross member ?

thats a shame ....

The pillow block bearing mounted to the bottom of the left radiator bracket up to 1/79 when it moved to the side frame rail like FJ55. But think anyone going this route would not be running a PTO winch. That's for the oddballs like myself who obsessed and go to crazy lengths to do it right.

View attachment 2942931

Priced it out as shown with options.
49k and I could of missed some things
If you were to buy the components and have it built by someone, $49k wouldn’t look that high. I’m super cheap but this has seriously piqued my interest. The only thing that sets the icon trucks apart is the suspension. This puts icon engineering(probably better) within reach of the home builder.

The Roadster Shop builds quality products and with that come quality prices. If you wanted to build a new from the ground up 40 you couldn't do any better than this chassis in my opinion.

Looks like Ford 9" housings with Dana 44 outers.

The EMP is pretty quick, with the 5.29s in the axles. The 3.3 tops out at about 65, though.

It's a really fun driver, though.
I have a 1981 BJ44, factory 3B diesel. It tops out about 62mph down hill. Not what I would want on the freeway. Slow is just fine off road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom