Need PS pump bracket source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is the only way to order parts from Mark's Off Road to get him on the phone? And, looks like he has specific hours for answering calls?

Yes, give him a call and leave a voice mail. He'll get back to you pretty quickly.

I need the bracket that bolts to the back of the pump, does Georg have that?
Looks like you may have to fabricate that bracket.
Here is the detailed thread from Georg @orangefj45

I guess I've already got that bracket, just never been really happy with it.

20220302_121029.jpg

You could try Mark's bracket and see if you like that better. I can't tell from the picture if the PS box would interfere.
Or @Steamer 's customization.
I tried Mark's mount, pump bumped into the Scout box. Mark made me a taller mount, for free, still won't fit. So it'll probably work on other 55s, just not mine.

20220303_095632.jpg

20220303_095628.jpg

20220303_095738.jpg

I tried Mark's mount, pump bumped into the Scout box.
The only other option besides fabricating from scratch would be a BTB/MAF PS pump mount. It uses the head bolts, but it works. I had one on a 75 2F.

The only other option besides fabricating from scratch would be a BTB/MAF PS pump mount. It uses the head bolts, but it works. I had one on a 75 2F.
Yup, tried that one too. Forget why i didn't like it.
I guess i did get this from Georg years ago.
Wish i could align the pulleys better and had a more secure mounting. Haven't had a problem in a while, but it chewed up belts quicky at first.
So, landcrusher909's bracket is probably home-made? He is clever that way.

landcrusher909's bracket is probably home-made?
It looks like he added a plate that attaches to a Georg bracket. Maybe to space it forward a little. Maybe he'll provide details.
@landcrusher909

It looks like he added a plate that attaches to a Georg bracket. Maybe to space it forward a little. Maybe he'll provide details.
@landcrusher909
Yes I used the bracket I got from @orangefj45 Valley Hybrids and found a scrap yard that had a few Volvo's I used the factory Vovlo bracket that came with the pump drilled a few holes and spaced it out to line up the belt. Here is a picture of the back of the pump you can see the Volvo factory bracket. This was 9 years ago and no leaks or issues

DSCN1280.jpg

I was trying to find a number on the pump to narrow it down as I remember the pump and brackets came off I think a 76-'84 non-AC 240 Volvo The last picture shows what I started with. I drilled out the Bill Doren bracket to mount the back side of the pump, Using the lower bracket to use as a tensioner and bolting it to one of the lower water pump bolts. Thanks @pjohnson I tried the lower brackets and could never get it to line up correctly after using the ones from @orangefj45 I have done 3 others like this. Plus the Volvo pully works well with the wider belt.

IMG_20220303_141746817.jpg

IMG_20220303_141716457.jpg

IMG_20220303_141615862.jpg

IMG_20220303_141823661.jpg

IMG_20220303_144251512.jpg

I'm installing PS on my '73 40 and looking for a vendor source for a PS pump bracket. I've already relocated the alternator to passenger side and plan to use a Toyota pump (from an 80s Tercel wagon.) I've got an F motor and would like to retain the stock air cleaner. Anyone know who might still make a suitable bracket?
Just wanted you to know my FJ40 is also a 1973

@Pighead do you mean a P.S. pump bracket like this? I`ll get a better pic tomorrow.

IMG_1816.JPG

I've decided to fab my own bracket since I can't find one that utilizes a Toyota pump on an F engine. Anyone have any pics or measurements of brackets they've made? What thickness of plate is recommended?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom