Need PS pump bracket source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm installing PS on my '73 40 and looking for a vendor source for a PS pump bracket. I've already relocated the alternator to passenger side and plan to use a Toyota pump (from an 80s Tercel wagon.) I've got an F motor and would like to retain the stock air cleaner. Anyone know who might still make a suitable bracket?

I just made my own for a saginaw pump. Pretty simple if you have a welder and a drill
Locates PS pump at original alt location. Very similar to the stock alt mount. Not sure abput the tercel pump, but a similar suitable mount should be something you can make if your handy.

20220128_171212.jpg

Yeah, I thought about doing that, but wanted to see what's available first. I think someone used to make a bracket that slid under the motor mount and bolted to the tabs on the engine block. I've been coming through the forum but can't find a vendor.

Yeah, I thought about doing that, but wanted to see what's available first. I think someone used to make a bracket that slid under the motor mount and bolted to the tabs on the engine block. I've been coming through the forum but can't find a vendor.
Are you sure it wasn't just a modified smog pump bracket?

Your lack of finding a source is the exact reason I made one.

I have one on my '79 40 that I made from a length of ( I think 1/4" thick ) 2x2 angle iron. I don't remember who made them commercially years ago, but my home made one has worked for 10 years. I also made one for my son's '77 many years ago. The only drawback I have found is that it mounts the Saginaw pump using only one bolt, so there is a little flex in the system. You also will need to fabricate an adjusting bar for tensioning the belt. If you want some photos and measurements, PM me.
Doug

Smog pump bracket - clean set-up if you do have a Tercel pump. Mid-'80s Cressida adjusting bracket to wrap it all up. Very minor modifications needed and it's all Toyota, except for miscellaneous hardware store spacers and washers.

@orangefj45 Georg at Valley Hybrids might have a bracket.

Thats where I got mine. @orangefj45 Great set up and bolts right up using the drivers side front motor mount holes in the block. I went to the junkyard and found a Volvo power steering pump the already had the wider v belt pully

378708_2677916221135_1423322130_n.jpg

735088_4486359351083_1957642500_n.jpg

Does that smog pump bracket bolt into the horizontal tab under the motor mount on my F block? (See red arrows in pic)

20220302_095411.jpg

Our bracket, shown above by @landcrusher909 , will do the trick!
You can run the factory air cleaner but you’ll have to rotate it towards the driver fender slightly; just lengthen the bracket that attaches it to the cylinder head. We’ve done the install many times, looks and works great.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids @ Cruiser Brothers

Thats where I got mine. @orangefj45 Great set up and bolts right up using the drivers side front motor mount holes in the block. I went to the junkyard and found a Volvo power steering pump the already had the wider v belt pully

View attachment 2941158

View attachment 2941159
Wait a second, i knew that Georg had the canned ham mount for the later 2F, but it had to have the tapped holes for PS.
Are you telling me that he has a mount for the early 2F too?

Wait a second, i knew that Georg had the canned ham mount for the later 2F, but it had to have the tapped holes for PS.
Are you telling me that he has a mount for the early 2F too?
See @landcrusher909 post above. It's the Bill Dorry design from way back.

I wheel often in deep water and I wanted to get it up higher so I fabbed this up. Lines up nice, is stout and does not flex.
And some day I'll get the whole conversion done. :(

StmrBrkt 01.jpg

That gray bracket looks like the one I need if it slides under the drivers side motor mount and the hole spacing is something like 4" center to center. Now, what's the contact info for Mark? Is it Mark's Off Road?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom