Pros/Cons matching a New "Just Dashes" dash to New Seats???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had them do my 40 dash over 20 years ago…not cheap, but it is still perfect.😊

^^^

And in those 20 years, it has not spent even one night in a garage…not one.

^^^

And in those 20 years, it has not spent even one night in a garage…not one.
Why does that not surprise me?!!! You definitely use your trucks as intended! Miss ya buddy.

There is a Youtube video of the Just Dashes process. Pretty much a bunch of labor getting the original dash perfect again as far as the base goes, then vacuum forming a new piece of vinyl over it. Lots of labor = lots of $$. They are definitely legit.

Beginning of 2020 (or end of 2019) I got a quote from JustDashes for my 62. At that time they wanted $1,500.00 for the job, PLUS freight both ways.

$400 got me a NOS dash pad from Partsouq. And that was after shipping. Damn thing was on my doorstep in eastern WA three days after leaving Dubai.

Not to bag on their quality at all because they do put out good stuff, but for the price, if you can get new OEM, definitely go OEM.

Beginning of 2020 (or end of 2019) I got a quote from JustDashes for my 62. At that time they wanted $1,500.00 for the job, PLUS freight both ways.

$400 got me a NOS dash pad from Partsouq. And that was after shipping. Damn thing was on my doorstep in eastern WA three days after leaving Dubai.

Not to bag on their quality at all because they do put out good stuff, but for the price, if you can get new OEM, definitely go OEM.
Yes, the 62 dash in grey was still available a short while back, not sure if they still are. Brown is gone and all 60 dash pads are gone:confused:. Oddly you can still get a 40 series upper pad. Go figure.

Ya...thats obv the problem. OEM dsnt exist

pros/cons matching my new dash to my new seat color??? Im thinking of matching the head rest color which is pretty close to original dash anyway....

1645720128648.png

Screenshot_20220224-113045_Chrome.jpg

Ya...thats obv the problem. OEM dsnt exist
Damn it slipped my brain that you were looking for a 60. Looks like if you want a quality job, it's gonna be pricey. Ouch man.

Damn it slipped my brain that you were looking for a 60. Looks like if you want a quality job, it's gonna be pricey. Ouch man.
whats another $1,700 after the first 95k??? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

pros/cons matching my new dash to my new seat color??? Im thinking of matching the head rest color which is pretty close to original dash anyway....

View attachment 2935549

View attachment 2935550
The grey Varios are a great match for the stock grey interior imho. Sorry for the poor pics, but this is my current grey interior with Scheel-Manns. Console was repainted with SEM Graphite which matches the seats well. Door cards are from @DrLui in grey.

6FFABD25-1D26-4FAC-BA7F-FD8CFFD8EE3B.jpeg

073CA243-93E8-4DA2-8435-133E897F58EE.jpeg

The grey Varios are a great match for the stock grey interior imho. Sorry for the poor pics, but this is my current grey interior with Scheel-Manns. Console was repainted with SEM Graphite which matches the seats well. Door cards are from @DrLui in grey.

View attachment 2936395

View attachment 2936396
woaoaoaoao thats a fantastic match!!! In the pic i posted the seats look darker! Are the Vario XXLs same color?

woaoaoaoao thats a fantastic match!!! In the pic i posted the seats look darker! Are the Vario XXLs same color?
Front seats are XXLs. They are the grey cloth/leatherette seats that Toby keeps in stock.
Vario XXL F, S242/S211, w/Heat, w/Map

Your picture did look darker. Perhaps it’s the light in my crappy pictures…

Following your build for inspiration on mine someday. You’re going to love the seats!

Front seats are XXLs. They are the grey cloth/leatherette seats that Toby keeps in stock.

Following your build for inspiration on mine someday. You’re going to love the seats!
jus emailed Toby...really hopin' my seats are darker lolol. Yours look very light + would seem to get dirty faster than the darker. BUt im guessing we got same seats...

Careful opening the can of worms :worms:...i've now put more into my Rig than what I paid for my Cabin :rofl::bang::rofl::bang: very much hopin I get a fantastic 25 years out of it!!!

can I ask a favor? Would you measure the space between arm rests and distance from floor to bttm of arm rests. Wondering if a Center console will fit...lookin tight

can I ask a favor? Would you measure the space between arm rests and distance from floor to bttm of arm rests. Wondering if a Center console will fit...lookin tight
Here you go. I have to raise the pass armrest to access the center console.

5D458E3A-44F0-45EF-AD6A-5ADCF4DC2FCF.jpeg

77FE16DF-D15E-4923-8CC5-F3C44EA936C8.jpeg

F298EC85-6960-4977-B7F9-6251625035E3.jpeg

C15362D2-3A34-430F-B9A8-307BDD7BC0D9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom