4Runner wiper arm upgrade for 60 series RHD (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in a similar situation, looking for wipers for a Right hooker, The wipers in the City Racer link I had a look at before, they are very similar to certain HIlux pickup wipers, but its hard to say for certain, I've ordered a set of 2nd hand hilux wipers, someone on ebay selling the pair for around 25 bucks (equiv.) second hand, I'll compare these with what I have on the 60 atm and see if they work.

Cheers!

I'm in a similar situation, looking for wipers for a Right hooker, The wipers in the City Racer link I had a look at before, they are very similar to certain HIlux pickup wipers, but its hard to say for certain, I've ordered a set of 2nd hand hilux wipers, someone on ebay selling the pair for around 25 bucks (equiv.) second hand, I'll compare these with what I have on the 60 atm and see if they work.

Cheers!
Ah ok. I'll let you know how it turns out when I receive the ones I ordered from Japan. I ordered from Impex.

Just to confirm, these 4runner wipers, one is slightly longer than the other? if so, what side does the longer one go on?

They are both the same size if you have ordered something like the kit above.

Looking at the pictures one appears slightly longer than the other.. The Arms that is, not the actual wiper blade.

Looking at the pictures one appears slightly longer than the other..

Screenshot_20220224-081342_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ah! so you are going with both Righthand arms then?
I think that would have been the way to go but now I just realized I ordered both LH wipers. Thinking of how they are set up that means I'm getting two of the smaller ones and not the longer arms. Doh..

what model year(s) fourRunner/Surf are the wiper arms from?

The Wiper Arms are not in any package that I can see... the blades yes, but thats not what I'm asking about.
I meant i had ordered both LH arms and I should have ordered both RH arms for my RHD rig. That way I get the longer arms for max coverage. The longer arm goes on left side for LHD vehicles and the RH on RHD vehicles.

I think that would have been the way to go but now I just realized I ordered both LH wipers. Thinking of how they are set up that means I'm getting two of the smaller ones and not the longer arms. Doh..
Well, I have here now a set of wipers from a 2007 Hilux, I obtained for around ~25 USD delivered 2nd hand, I was willing to take the punt at that price just to check them out for fitment.
They appear to be the same as the ones in cityracer but RHD, one is slightly larger than the other, I guess going by what you've indicated the larger is for the righthand side, I'll need to try these for fitment once the weather improve enough for spannering.

Ok I finally got around to installing the new wiper arms, they are a perfect fit. I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. They work like they should and have excellent coverage.

I ordered the following from impex japan :
85192-12800 nut cover cap x 2
85222-35091 blade, FR wiper LH x 2
85221-35080 Arm, FR Wiper LH x 2

Ok I finally got around to installing the new wiper arms, they are a perfect fit. I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. They work like they should and have excellent coverage.

Awesome! Are you able to post some photos?

I know it’s old school bandaid….but rain x and rain x washer fluid help quite a bit.
My dad is so adamant about this that he will refuse to use his wipers because the water beads and rolls off without them. He doesn’t want to ruin the coating that takes him an hour to apply every few weeks. He got pulled over in a rain storm one time for not using his wipers. The officer was genuinely surprised when he saw how effective the rain-x was. Dad still got a ticket.

Awesome! Are you able to post some photos?
I'll get some photos today to post up. I figured that request was coming at some point. Silly of me not to include.. ha ha

20220420_164221.jpg
20220420_164204.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom