Removing adhesive without damaging paint? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Noob with a project 40 here. The wheel wells are covered in the remnants of a carpet and some crusty old adhesive.
20220222_141135.jpg

Any ideas on getting rid of the stuff without taking all the paint with it? I was going to try and soak it some goo gone today but its pretty cold right now so going to hold off.

Also, one of the LX badges is poorly placed and in the wrong spot. (The other was sitting inside the truck). Any tips on getting it removed and put in the right spot? From what I have seen it is supposed to be behind the landcruiser badge on the hood.
20220222_143138.jpg

20220222_143138.jpg

Noob with a project 40 here. The wheel wells are covered in the remnants of a carpet and some crusty old adhesive.View attachment 2933899
Any ideas on getting rid of the stuff without taking all the paint with it? I was going to try and soak it some goo gone today but its pretty cold right now so going to hold off.

Also, one of the LX badges is poorly placed and in the wrong spot. (The other was sitting inside the truck). Any tips on getting it removed and put in the right spot? From what I have seen it is supposed to be behind the landcruiser badge on the hood.
View attachment 2933904

View attachment 2933903
Are you going to post more pictures or just be a one post tease?

WD40 is pretty good at disolving some adhesives. I have used it to soften and wipe off a bunch of goo and it did not damage paint. Could be worth a try.

I would gently warm that plastic LX logo with a hair dryer (or a heat gun held far away) and then lift of the emblem with a plastic scraper. Then, use the scraper or your fingernail to try to remove most of the double-sided tape underneath it.

Is this a USA truck ? What year. Those seats,( Fabric) , is my favorite style.

Not a USA truck, this one came from Saudi Arabia. 1983. Love the zebra seats just wish I could get the matching front ones!
I was going to say KSA given the black mirrors. That fabric can be found.

Do you drive it in the winter? Or working on retrofitting a heater?
Only just got it recently and currently not running so I only havent driven it much. Pretty sure its just the starter thats died so i'm waiting on of those. Heat and A/C is on the list but not much of priority right now

Use a heat gun on that emblem to get the adhesive pliable, then use some 50lb + fishing line to remove it.

Put the line under the of the emblem and using 2 hands pull it up between vehicle and emblem.

It should remove emblem leaving some adhesive you can remove with a solvent suchas naptha which won't damage your paint.

These are the best I’ve found. The spray can is pretty easy to find and I probably prefer it for most applications.

9E3FA13B-4DC3-4CD9-8B0D-44C08C7B3FBF.png

55F26C8C-9C57-4957-BBDD-B3607F2492B0.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom