Trail gear spindle nut damage heads up on 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still waiting on my TG spindle kits to ship from on WabFab but will upgrade the screws prior to installation...

Is anyone able to measure the washers that come with the kit? I need to order some new set screws and washers for mine, and the original washers got tossed already. The new ones I picked up locally are too big and don't fit.

yes it is a better way to hold the torque values than the OEM locking washer

I think this is debatable. I find it more of a solution for a problem that doesn't exist. I've never had a problem with the stock setup in my 30+ years of cruiser ownership.

here you go, there wasnt one, now there is.

here you go, there wasnt one, now there is.

Richie From Boston, I like that, lol.

Any idea the specs on the little lockwashers if someone needed to replace them?

Reactions: RFB
Richie From Boston, I like that, lol.

Any idea the specs on the little lockwashers if someone needed to replace them?
Im gonna guess when you get the upgraded set screws the lock washer will be close by.

Im gonna guess when you get the upgraded set screws the lock washer will be close by.

You'd be shocked how difficult it is to find bulk hardware in these sizes north of the border, even the bolt warehouses with their $10 minimums don't carry these sizes locally. I'm likely going to have to order online, and won't have trays of washers to look through.

well Im sure one of us can mail em to you. Im going to get spares ill grab you some.

well Im sure one of us can mail em to you. Im going to get spares ill grab you some.

That would be amazing!

Any update to this thread? I just ordered a set from TG, but wondering if the set screw type in the kit has been changed since 2018…or if I should go ahead and trek to Ace while waiting on the shipment.

Any update to this thread? I just ordered a set from TG, but wondering if the set screw type in the kit has been changed since 2018…or if I should go ahead and trek to Ace while waiting on the shipment.
Just run to ACE while you wait. Worst case is you'll have (4) extra $0.22 screws to throw in the glove box so when you take them off next time and strip them out, you'll already have them!

Just run to ACE while you wait. Worst case is you'll have (4) extra $0.22 screws to throw in the glove box so when you take them off next time and strip them out, you'll already have them!

Make sure to buy 2 Allen wrenches for them while you're there. Keep one with your tools for changing a tire and the other one somewhere safe in the cab. That way when you lose one you have a spare. Most people won't have that size, especially if they are used to work on Toyota's.

Make sure to buy 2 Allen wrenches for them while you're there. Keep one with your tools for changing a tire and the other one somewhere safe in the cab. That way when you lose one you have a spare. Most people won't have that size, especially if they are used to work on Toyota's.
Good point!

I did exactly that myself. I bought two mini Allen wrench kits so one would remain in the truck and one for the tool box!

Good point!

I did exactly that myself. I bought two mini Allen wrench kits so one would remain in the truck and one for the tool box!
I also bought 2 extra screws

I’ll add it! I have a little airline amenity bag n the console with
I got the trail gear spindle nut kit a few months ago. It had the button head screws with it.
I thought this might be the case by now, and the TG page with the kit specifically shows there screw and lists the specs. Looks to have been addressed.

Also - too late! I’m going to Ace anyway, because I refuse to pass up a trip when I “need” something. No reason not to have spares along with my fusible link, relay, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom