What’s everyone driving when you leave your LC home? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I drive my 80 quite often, say 500-600 miles a month. It’s think it’s the perfect vehicle other than mpg. Everyone’s always saying how slow their 80s are which I don’t really agree with. They’re obviously not fast but how fast are y’all trying to go?? I’ve desired passing power and maybe some more grunt on steep hills but for the most part I can accelerate/cruise just as i need without really wringing it out. I split the rest of my driving time between a Subaru Outback 3.6 and some seasonal summer cars, all of which are faster than the 80 but the performance of the 1fz feels just right for the platform. I’m also a speed limit guy maybe straying +/-5mph. Im on 33s, a 2.5in lift and stock gearing. But I would LOVE to LS swap eventually.

I'll be in T'ville end of March to move my gf out here. Was the IT guy at Woodhaven in Coolidge for several years.
I’m about 6 miles from the huge city of Ochlocknee. 😊

Last edited:
Look at any small fuel efficient car.
Note, civics and the focus aren't small.

Fiesta. Spark. Aveo. The always flop. A majority of consumers in the us do not want a tiny little efficient s***box.

Dipshits buying a Prius don't get that they need to drive 100k miles to offset the hybrid premium over a comparable gas car. They buy them because "green hybrid"
No one said anything about it being a tin can like an Aveo. Over in Europe they have Focuses etc. with super efficient diesels. I'm looking for an ALH TDI wagon myself: 50 mpg and can be easily tuned to get 220 lb ft of torque.

But now electric cars are all the rage, because mining all thet Lithium and disposing all those batteries is supposed to be a "green solution."

Electric cars green! Cars that get 12 mpg bad! But their electric car will not be on the road for hundreds of thousands of miles over decades of use. They will be replaced multiple times with more carbon emissions used than our land cruisers. Not sure if some people look at the big picture. Hey, to each their own.

Oh my! How do you deal with that traffic?! :p
Ochlocknee once had a police car setting right off of the main drag. All of the locals knew that it hadn’t moved in years but it did slow down the strangers. 😊

Ochlocknee once had a police car setting right off of the main drag. All of the locals knew that it hadn’t moved in years but it did slow down the strangers. 😊
Yup. I remember that thing. Woodhaven has another plant in Cairo and I'd cut over to 212 from Coolidge and run thru Oklocknee. It got me every time the first few months I was there. lol

Yup. I remember that thing. Woodhaven has another plant in Cairo and I'd cut over to 212 from Coolidge and run thru Oklocknee. It got me every time the first few months I was there. lol
Hopefully that ole Crown Victoria is in a museum somewhere. 😊

Ochlocknee! I get steroid injections for that. Old Army injury...
You'd still need an injection if you messed around with some of the women there. :rofl:

Electric cars green! Cars that get 12 mpg bad! But their electric car will not be on the road for hundreds of thousands of miles over decades of use. They will be replaced multiple times with more carbon emissions used than our land cruisers. Not sure if some people look at the big picture. Hey, to each their own.
It's said that 3mpg is the typical EV equivalent efficiency to fossil fuel vehicles. And nothing grows w/i a mile of any lithium refinery due to its toxicity. While deer frolic in the shadow of oil rigs by comparison. :meh:
But none of that is a reason why I'm not yet on-board with EVs. lol
Maybe one day tho.

It's said that 3mpg is the typical EV equivalent efficiency to fossil fuel vehicles. And nothing grows w/i a mile of any lithium refinery due to its toxicity. While deer frolic in the shadow of oil rigs by comparison. :meh:
But none of that is a reason why I'm not yet on-board with EVs. lol
Maybe one day tho.

When I first started looking for an “exotic” I almost picked up an I8 as they were leasing them silly cheap, felt like I was driving a rolling gadget attached to a fast golf cart…..hard pass.

The fact that they purposely drove up oil prices with things that are completely reversible but they let it stand trying to push you to an electric car tells you all you need to know. It’s just another cash grab for the powers that be….

You guys have some neat cars. I don't lol

I mainly ride my bike to work because it's 6 miles and traffic in Seattle sucks so it's faster (and easier mentally) to just ride. We use the 80 for road trips/ camping duty. If we don't take the cruiser, we've got a fleet of other cars to take it's place.
1- 01 RAV4. Got it for a song because some shop said it needed a transmission. A quick Google and $250 later it's a great little AWD kid/bike hauling runabout.
2- Wife's 09 Honda Fit. Hauls the kid and gets good gas mileage
3- the 'nicest' car we have is my 2011 MINI clubman. It's got some JCW bits, a tune and a 2" lift. Great little road tripper if you want to go fast(ish)
4- my old 02 R53. JCW GP engine and suspension, R56 Brembo big brakes. It's got 250k on it but I just can't bring myself to sell it. It just sits at work and I drive it to lunch sometimes.

2000 GS300 and 2000 100 series land cruiser

9F11428B-0695-4950-A6E6-DBA44843CB96.jpeg
63C22FA0-00AC-4305-A705-914FFD62FFBF.jpeg

2000 GS300 and 2000 100 series land cruiser

View attachment 2932124View attachment 2932125

As reliable, well built and timelessly beautiful as those GS are I’m shocked you rarely see them on the road anymore, you see one every now and then but it’s always a frankensteined mess. I think they were all just modified to hell and back and trashed, the aftermarket for those cars was nuts. That can’t be the factory pearl white that all of them turned yellow is it? That’s a beautiful car, what’s the history on it?

If those cars had come in AWD I would own one right now, those things slip on the pavement after a car wash and I dont need another car that is undriveable for 8 months out of the year here in Michigan.

As reliable and timelessly beautiful as those GS are I’m shocked you rarely see them on the road anymore, you see one every now and then but it’s always a frankensteined mess. I think they were all just modified to hell and back and trashed, the aftermarket for those cars was nuts. That can’t be the factory pearl white that all of them turned yellow is it? That’s a beautiful car, what’s the history on it?

If those cars had come in AWD I would own one right now, those things slip on the pavement after a car wash and I dont need another car that is undriveable for 8 months out of the year here in Michigan.
The GS400 is as timeless as the Acura Legend 2-door 6-speed. If only it had a V8 too...
Reminds me of the time I was a passenger in a crazy cajun's NSX blasting around OKC interstate connectors @1am. For the life of me I could only understand every fourth word out of that dudes mouth.
That NSX tho...👍

No one said anything about it being a tin can like an Aveo. Over in Europe they have Focuses etc. with super efficient diesels. I'm looking for an ALH TDI wagon myself: 50 mpg and can be easily tuned to get 220 lb ft of torque.

But now electric cars are all the rage, because mining all thet Lithium and disposing all those batteries is supposed to be a "green solution."

Vw, the .ain diesel producer in the us sells approximately 18% of it's cars in the diesel variant.

A new model focus diesel in Europe will average 49-51 mpg.
A new model gas focus in the us is rated at 42 hwy.

Now mind you, Ford has stopped selling cars here, but I'm using them since you brought up the focus.

Ford should engineer that car to pass all us standards, so 1 in consumers can see a 15% increase in mileage?

Doesn't seem like a solid business model.

Vw, the .ain diesel producer in the us sells approximately 18% of it's cars in the diesel variant.

A new model focus diesel in Europe will average 49-51 mpg.
A new model gas focus in the us is rated at 42 hwy.

Now mind you, Ford has stopped selling cars here, but I'm using them since you brought up the focus.

Ford should engineer that car to pass all us standards, so 1 in consumers can see a 15% increase in mileage?

Doesn't seem like a solid business model.
Serious question, do the diesels overseas have this wonderful DEF system now, or are they not "buying" it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom