Wanted 1977 Fj40 federal model smog equipment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
im looking to purchase smog equipment for 1977 Fj40 federal smog equipment. Including air rail, smog pump hoses and essentially the entire system.

unfortunately I got myself into a pickle here in AZ. Bought the project not knowing quite what I was getting myself into, I was too excited to get going and did not have enough foresight or attention to see all the missing parts in the engine bay.

the pictures below are what I have.

Thank you to anyone who can help!

Syd

FC23003A-C787-4655-82C2-96DB7A5F01EF.jpeg

ECD7DEDB-4116-4E06-B779-62760DD78738.jpeg

Be easier, and maybe cheaper to move to where it's not required.....😛😛

Man you’re missing the exhaust manifold too 😞 along with all the many other parts. Is passing smog in AZ as bad as CA? Do they need everything present?

Ps: I was where you are about 9 months ago. It’ll be expensive gathering all those parts. And very time consuming to figure out how they work, unless you wanna pay someone else. But personally I do enjoy figuring it out I have to say, like any other thing related to FJ40s.

It’ll be easier to know what you’re missing if you have the ‘77 emissions manual. Maybe @avicenna110 can send a link of the great compilation of CA parts he did, although not interchangeable it should give you an idea of what else to get.

First glance - manifold, EGR, exhaust cooler, smog pump / rail, red VTV, VCVs 1 and 2, ABV, 3 way connector, check for the BVSV in the thermostat housing or just get a proper new one as it should be available new.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The emissions manual will tell you how to test all of it. $30 well spent, IMO: 1977 emissions manual on eBay

Good luck!!

Last edited:
I have all of the smog stuff from a 84 fj60 not sure if it is the same or not. Intake/exhaust manifolds, carb, air pump, EGR cooler, steel vacuum lines, air rail and head adapters #6 tube has been cut off and adapter sealed, temp vacuum sensors that go in the thermostat housing the pink one has 1 port broke.

Hello,
im looking to purchase smog equipment for 1977 Fj40 federal smog equipment. Including air rail, smog pump hoses and essentially the entire system.

unfortunately I got myself into a pickle here in AZ. Bought the project not knowing quite what I was getting myself into, I was too excited to get going and did not have enough foresight or attention to see all the missing parts in the engine bay.

the pictures below are what I have.

Thank you to anyone who can help!

Syd

View attachment 2930082

View attachment 2930083
Syd, try @Mike1650 he is doing a de-smog on his 77.

I have a box of parts from a de-smog from several years ago. I found one pic. Let me know if you want me to lay them out and get more pictures.
I would want to sell them all together.

FJ40SmogParts.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom