How big is your door hole? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Piecing together my left for dead, basket case 79... Long story short there are numerous signs leading me to believe it was likely rolled, or at least laid onto it's side long ago- This has left it with an a pillar that has been laid back, leaving me with a door hole that no longer accepts a door. I need someone with a 79/later 40 (or any year, as long as we are positive the dimensions are the same) with a known straight tub to duplicate this measurement for me, so I know about what I'm shooting for when I make my pull. I hooked my tape on the flange at the very top outer corner of the a pillar/cowl and am measuring to the top rear corner of the b pillar- I've already compared it with the passenger side and found it 1/2" shorter but I don't want to assume the passenger side is square either(although the door fits decent on that side so I believe it's close). Thanks in advance!

KIMG0800.JPG

I have a 12/79 40, but it's got the dash cap on so I'm not sure I can duplicate your measurement, but I'll do what I can in the morning when there's light.

I have a 12/79 40, but it's got the dash cap on so I'm not sure I can duplicate your measurement, but I'll do what I can in the morning when there's light.
Understood, not sure my measuring point is even accessible with a windshield frame on and flipped up. Would ideally like the highest point you can access on the a pillar.. Anything you could find for decent measuring points that you can get to would be loads better than the zero reference measurements I currently have. Thanks again!

I jammed the end of the tape measure between the flange and the windshield rubber gasket. Hope this helps:

IMG_2012[1].JPG

IMG_2013[1].JPG

IMG_2012[1].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom