1982 FJ40 gas squirting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for guidance, the 40 sat for a while due to extenuating circumstances. Im in North Phoenix and looking for a good mechanic for my 40 and 1997 LC. Please let me know thought on the situation below: Much Thanks!!

02B5AF4F-4FD7-4C9F-A2D3-F82669026FEB.jpeg

413434ED-D8F2-4D35-A617-12EEEBC6023E.jpeg

6E812AC7-6204-4058-8E95-EF2BDEF1DAEF.jpeg

Id try and fix yourself , these vehicles are very basic. If you want simple, buy a carb from Cityracer. Com and install it.

Or you can buy one from a rebuilder like Mark. I linked him below.

@65swb45

Id try and fix yourself , these vehicles are very basic. If you want simple, buy a carb from Cityracer. Com and install it.

Or you can buy one from a rebuilder like Mark. I linked him below.

@65swb45
Thanks! The gas is coming out just to the right of the gauge. I bought it with this modification and over never seen this before?

I think that is a fuel preasure regulator.
says holley on the side of it, maybe there is a rebuild kit or just replace
the weber carb needs a regulator where the stock carb doesn't

Yes, it is a fuel pressure regulator. Like stated above by 3 puppies. You could probably rebuild or just replace.

1. I have my doubts that the guage is supposed to have gasoline in it.
2. If the guage is meant to monitor the pressure reaching the carb, shouldn’t the pressure regulator be BEFORE the guage so the guage measures the RESULT of the regulator?
3. Perhaps the failure to install in the order I suggest helped lead to the premature demise of the guage?

1. Is that an oil-filled gauge?

Fuel goes into bottom of the Pressure regulator then comes out the top/ side where we see the gauge. My guess is the rubber diafram is rotten allowing fuel to leak out the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom